Post-Christmas Lego store deals

nolanfan34

Guest eightbrick

I do not think the Winter Village sets will go on sale. I am trying to find Lego's "Do Not Discount" list. I believe the Winter Village Market and Winter Village Cottage were both on this list.

Yes, it was mentioned they won't be discounted, but I'm sure if they sit there long enough something will happen. Here's the list (it was in this topic: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/7043-will-the-winter-village-cottage-definitely-go-on-sale-this-winter/#entry194264)

As of July 1st, the following

Guest eightbrick

Is the general consensus that Winter Cottage is better than Winter Village Market?

Definitely. The market feels really spread out and random when you look at it.

Anyone know if the MOA store is worth a visit? It's in my region, but over an hour drive. And you know how Minnesotans drive around here when there's snow...

I live in Minnesota, but I haven't been to the store since about a month ago. At that time they had sales on some Chima and City sets that were 10% off.

For entertainment, here is a video of cars sliding in Bloomington, MN about one mile away from the Mall of America. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIMT0eihJII

The thing about Orlando (at least from what I've been told by employees, is that they have the largest storage room in the US. Apparently they send excess stuff here to clear fast, since we have a crazy amount of people visiting every single day and the store is located in Disney....imagine how full the store was today lol

From my memory, that store is enormous so they have a lot of floor space in addition to the incredible amount of stock in the back. It is amazing how much business they do int that store daily. Gotta be a top five selling LS. Rock Center LS has to be up there too.

From my memory, that store is enormous so they have a lot of floor space in addition to the incredible amount of stock in the back. It is amazing how much business they do int that store daily. Gotta be a top five selling LS. Rock Center LS has to be up there too.

That's the one with a huge Brickley in the middle of the lake, isn't it ?  That is one huge LEGO store

Guest eightbrick

I live in Minnesota, but I haven't been to the store since about a month ago. At that time they had sales on some Chima and City sets that were 10% off.

For entertainment, here is a video of cars sliding in Bloomington, MN about one mile away from the Mall of America. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIMT0eihJII

Did you guys catch parts of the storm that nailed Toronto? My relatives have friends over there who have been without power (in the city, mind you) for 4 days :shocked:  My neck of the woods is really nice right now thankfully, above freezing for days now. Stay safe, guys!

I visited the Downtown Disney LEGO store today, as part of a long, futile search for decent deals.  Busy, busy, busy, and no sales that I thought were worth my time standing in line.  Or worth hauling back to where I had to park, over by Casting.  No Winter Village sets at all, and I did ask about them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad I picked up a WVC back in December before they disappeared completely. Never got a chance to build it before Xmas though, since I was too busy filling eBay orders! Not a bad thing, I know.

Based on past experience any ideas on whether WVM will be around all year? I chose WVC over WVM back in December thanks to BPers recommending it since it's the older set. I definitely want the WVM too, especially for that carousel, but I'd rather wait for a nice monthly giveaway/exclusive to come around before buying it.