Battle Pack Profit!

BudWiser72

Have you noticed the trend on EBAY where sellers are taking the STAR WARS 'Battle Packs' (7655 and 7913) and removing the Clone Trooper minifgs and reselling them for more than the original set was worth? It also happens with any of the 'Battle Packs.' Great idea. What's even better is that buyers are snapping them up like crazy. Thoughts?

Have you noticed the trend on EBAY where sellers are taking the STAR WARS 'Battle Packs' (7655 and 7913) and removing the Clone Trooper minifgs and reselling them for more than the original set was worth? It also happens with any of the 'Battle Packs.' Great idea. What's even better is that buyers are snapping them up like crazy. Thoughts?

Sharp observation. The savvy Ebay sellers have been doing that for quite a long time. Any sets with multiple Storm or Clone Troopers have been chopped up and resold for its minifigs. I guess they make a small profit from it.

It seems that alot of these battle packs triple in value in very little time. Sometimes you can get these sets in lots of 10 or more for a discount. I bought a lot of 10 Snowtrooper battle packs for $80. Decent deal.

I definitely will be buying multiples of these two:

9489-1: Endor Rebel Trooper & Imperial Trooper Battle Pack

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=9489-1

9488-1: Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=9488-1

Some names!!! Say that fast 5 times! LMAO.

The Clone Trooper/Droid Battle pack looks like a real winner. You can never go wrong with Clone Troopers!

• 1 month later...

I definitely will be buying multiples of these two:

9489-1: Endor Rebel Trooper & Imperial Trooper Battle Pack

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=9489-1

9488-1: Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=9488-1

Some names!!! Say that fast 5 times! LMAO.

The Clone Trooper/Droid Battle pack looks like a real winner. You can never go wrong with Clone Troopers!

I concur. Battle packs are a great investment on all accounts.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to split up battle packs into minifigs and vehicles and would resell them individually, but battle packs slightly increased in cost lately so I've found it harder to pull of decent profit. The PayPal flat fee of $0.30 doesn't really help either. I've found it sometimes helps to sell lots of the same minifigure at once (for instance 10 bombsquad clones) at a higher price, like 8 for $40.00. The seller saves on shipping and the higher price weathers the PayPal fee.

I used to split up battle packs into minifigs and vehicles and would resell them individually, but battle packs slightly increased in cost lately so I've found it harder to pull of decent profit. The PayPal flat fee of $0.30 doesn't really help either. I've found it sometimes helps to sell lots of the same minifigure at once (for instance 10 bombsquad clones) at a higher price, like 8 for $40.00. The seller saves on shipping and the higher price weathers the PayPal fee.

I agree...These Battle Packs are as popular as ever and people know it. It is harder to come across great deals. The current LEGO BATTLE PACK DEAL is a good one. Eight STAR WARS minifigs for $20. Buy FOUR sets and get free shipping and a FREE mini Sopwith Camel, plus the LEGO VIP points.