Weird Prices on Amazon

Dbroncoboy

Anyone else been seeing some weird prices on orders actually sold by Amazon. I just saw 6868 for 42.99, only one left in stock... Well over retail. Last Night I saw batcaves at $84.99...

Ive never seen Amazon selling legos over MSRP before... 

Amazon's goal and mission is to provide the lowest prices. However, there are zero competitions with no inventory elsewhere, since they are the only game in town they have no problem charging above MSRP.

Anyone else been seeing some weird prices on orders actually sold by Amazon. I just saw 6868 for 42.99, only one left in stock... Well over retail. Last Night I saw batcaves at $84.99...

They're probably listings from third-party sellers.

They are either third-party sellers or Amazon is doing this because there is no other site that has them in stock so they can charge a higher price. I have seen it happen various times around Christmas especially. Browsing Amazon.com everyday, I see at least 25 of these types of prices.

They are either third-party sellers or Amazon is doing this because there is no other site that has them in stock so they can charge a higher price. I have seen it happen various times around Christmas especially. Browsing Amazon.com everyday, I see at least 25 of these types of prices.

I just that it was odd.... It was not third party.. That would be expected as non of my lego listings on amazon are below MSRP  :sorcerer:

That said it makes sense.

Amazon has done this on select items across the board usually in particular for small to medium sized sets. Not as bad as Toys R Us but can still catch you off guard if not paying attention.