Technic appearing elsewhere

nolanfan34

So I stopped by a small Walmart this morning to pick up a site to store order. Check out the uber small Lego section, and there are two 42000 Grand Prix Racers on the shelf. No shelf tag, and they didn't scan. Customer service checked and they were MSRP. I have never seen Technic in store there, or any Walmart's that I can recall. What gives? Is this new?

A little off topic but I have seen some weird sets pop out of nowhere in Target lately. There was a Dino set at one and a pirates of the Caribbean set in another.... Neither of which was there last month... Makes me wonder if they are getting these sets from some random warehouse or toys r us sold some off, I don't know how it all works but it seemed odd. 

A little off topic but I have seen some weird sets pop out of nowhere in Target lately. There was a Dino set at one and a pirates of the Caribbean set in another.... Neither of which was there last month... Makes me wonder if they are getting these sets from some random warehouse or toys r us sold some off, I don't know how it all works but it seemed odd. 

It could be that. Or it could be bad inventory. I keep seeing retired sets in B&****** all the time because of their bad inventory.

So I stopped by a small Walmart this morning to pick up a site to store order. Check out the uber small Lego section, and there are two 42000 Grand Prix Racers on the shelf. No shelf tag, and they didn't scan. Customer service checked and they were MSRP. I have never seen Technic in store there, or any Walmart's that I can recall. What gives? Is this new?

It was more than likely a fluke return or late shipment the store accepted. My Target had Ocean Interceptor and Fangpyre Wrecking Crane once (with proper shelf tags no less), and Walmart had 3658 Police Helicopter. There are a few other instances in the past but I can't recall them all. It would be nice to see Technic return to regular retail stores within driving distance for me especially with how awesome the sets have become lately but I doubt anything is different from before. :resent:

• 5 weeks later...

Unless I overlooked it I don't see this mentioned on this forum already....

Target.com has a full selection of Technic in stock and Wal-Mart has a full selection on site shown as 'coming soon.' Since when is Technic available anywhere besides Lego and Toys R Us? What may this mean for Technic as for as investing/flipping goes going forward? MAYBE by being available at more retailers there will be more awareness and thus demand for them? Not sure what to think of this...

Yes it has been discussed recently about it being available in Target.com and Walmart. I think it is great that it is now available at more locations in the US and I think it will drive demand for them.

Hopefully more opportunities to acquire them at discounted prices too! Is there a thread where this was already discussed? If so, please link me and you can close this one then.

Unless I overlooked it I don't see this mentioned on this forum already....

Target.com has a full selection of Technic in stock and Wal-Mart has a full selection on site shown as 'coming soon.' Since when is Technic available anywhere besides Lego and Toys R Us? What may this mean for Technic as for as investing/flipping goes going forward? MAYBE by being available at more retailers there will be more awareness and thus demand for them? Not sure what to think of this...

I have seen these Technic sets online on Walmart and Target. Do you know if they are in store too? There have been some incidents where Technic sets have been spotted in Targets and Walmarts.