New sets with "Retiring Soon" tag on LEGO Shop at Home

This is all stuff we all pretty much theorized would be retiring here. I am very interested in the LR line. Because of the short run, could these shoot up after retirement ala DINO? They could be under the radar investments.

I am a little more suprised that the Battle of Hoth is retiring quite so quickly.

I've gotten several Echo Base that I paid 60-70 for each. Some of you guys are obviously way more skilled (and with deeper pockets) than I, but I think it's a worthwhile gamble. My TRU locally are now out of them. 

I do think it's worth noting that a few off the Wave I Hobbit sets ARE on this list, but Unexpected Gathering and Mirkwood spiders are not.

Great list of sets added with the retiring soon tag. 75014 (Hoth) is a surprise as it only had a 1 yr run so far. The Lone Ranger train should do fine. 10229 (Winter village) will be a winner...just wish we can get these discounted. The Hobbit sets will do fine especially the cheaper Riddles for the Ring,

Just checked the retiring soon tag on LEGO Shop at Home and there is some items I hadn't seen before.  I know you can't bank on the RS tag, but thought I'd share.  Sorry if I missed this elsewhere.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/catalog/productListing.jsp?_requestid=9754559

Lone Ranger line

Echo Base

Palpatine Arrest

Some Hobbit

Great update, thanks,

This is a huge list of retiring items.  Lego actually sent me an email entitled "Get retiring Lego sets before they're gone forever!"  There are five pages of things now designated as retiring soon.  I am kind of surpised by this move.  Usually Lego makes an effort to guard retirement status, and now they just flat out announce it to the world.  Weird.

This is a huge list of retiring items.  Lego actually sent me an email entitled "Get retiring Lego sets before they're gone forever!"  There are five pages of things now designated as retiring soon.  I am kind of surpised by this move.  Usually Lego makes an effort to guard retirement status, and now they just flat out announce it to the world.  Weird.

Its a trap...nuff said

I thought it was just one of the 50% off items.  None of the 50% off items are Hot Price?

It's a hot price item all the time, even when it's not on sale. Look at the shelf tag and if it says "HP" on it, Wendy's coupons or anything else that excludes hot price won't work. I think the mine does work, but the showdown is hot price and won't. It's all kind of random...

• Like 1

Wow. Shame there aren`t any sales on any of this stuff up here at the moment. Not too many worth getting at retail (CAN retail at that) but will keep my eyes posted. Guess it is time to get the LR stuff for my collection though, been holding out for some time now. ~6 months retail. My goodness, the theme may not be a dud after all. 

EDIT: No Funhouse on the list!?!

screenshot that email!

It's a hot price item all the time, even when it's not on sale. Look at the shelf tag and if it says "HP" on it, Wendy's coupons or anything else that excludes hot price won't work. I think the mine does work, but the showdown is hot price and won't. It's all kind of random...

Even better, it's an extra 10% off today too, so that should bring down $58.49. I'll try to use a Wendy's coupon.