Mini Modulars seems to be...

Some sets, like 9474 Helm's Deep and 9471 Uruk Hai Army even went directly from "sold out" to "retired product". I see two options explaining this :

1. LEGO is just lazy about updating their website products with subtitles like "retiring soon".

2. LEGO doesn't want to better inform investors/resellers about retiring products.

I will go with option #2 : showing half price deals on already sold out products is just a way to keep prices down a little on eBay and other places. People who want to buy a 30$ set from the LEGO Shop at Home will see that the product is sold out and that it was selling, after rebate, for 15$. It could very well hinder these people to buy the set 40$ (for example) after EOL since there's a big difference between 15$ and 40$.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Lego is a fairly large company with offices around the world. Inventory management is not easy as there are so many physical shops, retailers and even online shops across the globe. To add to complexity there's returns to deal with. So I don't think there's a scheming executive sitting in billund whose day job is to coordinate the retirement information to confuse and confound secondary mkt sellers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Retired in the UK too :) I only managed to grab three before they went to sold out status. Still very new to this so hoping it will

be a good investment. From what I have seen I think a lot of people got caught out with this set and didn't expect it to retire so

soon?

Very true. Some people were able to get the set on Black Friday when the set was on sale, but we expected it to stay for a little while longer.

Retired in the UK too :) I only managed to grab three before they went to sold out status. Still very new to this so hoping it will

be a good investment. From what I have seen I think a lot of people got caught out with this set and didn't expect it to retire so

soon?

Yes I has expected this to be available all this year so I had not got many.

But hopefully that could be good for EOL value as the set could be quite scarce.

Here are the UK's Jan sales:

New         Used

68            49

Would a price of

Yes I has expected this to be available all this year so I had not got many.

But hopefully that could be good for EOL value as the set could be quite scarce.

Here are the UK's Jan sales:

New         Used

68            49

Would a price of

I have two sets, keeping one and will sell the other down the road.  Once Lego releases the 2'nd edition of mini modulars (I am sure they will) this will take off.  I haven't built one...but the amount of detail looks pretty good especially for a mini scale.  Would love to have one on my desk at work but don't want to open my mint box haha.   

Put one together by parting it together.  That's what I'm doing!

Ugh...it is detailed.  There's 1350 pieces.  I've been spending about two weeks going through my bulk lot to pull out the pieces I need.  Of course, I could have just paid $100 on eBay and been done with it, but it's been a lot of fun trying to piece this together.

I'll be putting this on my desk at work, once I have all the pieces together.  I'm almost there.  I'm probably about 65% of the way done putting together the parts.

You can get all the colours and parts easily?

So far, so good.  I'm still working off my original inventory list, so I haven't checked to see just how hard some of the pieces are to come by.  Right now, I'm guessing about 5% of the pieces I'll have to order from either Bricklink or Lego. But generally, everything is pretty common.