Pleasant surprise. 75% of set 10027 included in a lot

jaisonline

Last May, I purchased an incomplete 10132 Motorized Hogwarts set for $50. After all this time, I finally had a chance to open the ziplocks. It contained 95% of the locomotive, 85% of the tender, and 100% of the passenger train. 2 straight tracks, and the 9v engine. Some of the 2-story train station elements are also there.

Then I noticed some unfamiliar elements. It had many extra red, dark gray, light gray, black transparent windows, black elements, 1 mini-fig with a red scarf, and two 16x32 light gray colors. There were also some smaller tools, chrome elements, doors, etc... I did some research and discovered the non-10132 elements are from the lesser know but loved 10027 City Train Engine Shed from 2003. I estimate the 10027 is about 75% complete.

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=10027-1

I never heard of 10027 before. It is a cool set. Anyone own it?

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/10027_Train_Engine_Shed

post-3743-0-85223100-1386941690_thumb.jp

Great find there!  Set 10027 is memorable for me as it was one of the first non-Star Wars sets that made me realize that there was actual money to be made with investing in general LEGO sets.  It is a nice set too if you are into LEGO trains, or if you are into making money. ;)

Nice find. I remember looking at that set in a Lego Christmas catalog and asking my parents for it for Christmas. They said no. Now I am mad because the set is worth over $200 used!

Huh. $70 for a train shed looks bad from an uninformed parent's point of view. HOWEVER, $70 for the set at this point, looks amazing. LOL.