TRU 50% off Attack of the Wargs!

Veegs

This might be the first year that I have seen a really decent Black Friday deal north of the border on LEGO.  I have no qualms about this set at 50% off (even if it is 50% off CAN retail...)

It looks like in store you can get a free poly as well, and if you spend over $100 you get a $15 off $50 purchase for your next purchase.

All in all, not too bad!

In a perfect world I would grab two or three bundles of 4 each to get the $15 card.

Also, the Creator Highway Pickup is a solid deal for Canada.  Amazon.ca had them for $75 - this will be a nice savings.  I'm not huge on them for investing, but I'd like to pick up one or two for my personal collection.

Anybody see any other Canadian Black Friday flyers with LEGO?

I haven't seen anything special yet.

But I do know all Galaxy Squad sets are 50% off at Target Canada right now.  Someone mentioned it yesterday in the daily deals thread.  I went to check it out last night.  None of the sets had sales signs, but ALL sets scanned at 50% off.  This will be chain wide.  

• Like 1

I haven't seen anything special yet.

But I do know all Galaxy Squad sets are 50% off at Target Canada right now.  Someone mentioned it yesterday in the daily deals thread.  I went to check it out last night.  None of the sets had sales signs, but ALL sets scanned at 50% off.  This will be chain wide.  

I'm on the fence about Galaxy Squad as in investment...but 50% off retial is hard to say 'no' to.

This might be the first year that I have seen a really decent Black Friday deal north of the border on LEGO.  I have no qualms about this set at 50% off (even if it is 50% off CAN retail...)

It looks like in store you can get a free poly as well, and if you spend over $100 you get a $15 off $50 purchase for your next purchase.

All in all, not too bad!

In a perfect world I would grab two or three bundles of 4 each to get the $15 card.

Also, the Creator Highway Pickup is a solid deal for Canada.  Amazon.ca had them for $75 - this will be a nice savings.  I'm not huge on them for investing, but I'd like to pick up one or two for my personal collection.

Anybody see any other Canadian Black Friday flyers with LEGO?

The $15 card you would get if you spend $100 is only valid on another purchase of $50 or more and there's only a 2 week window to use it.  So unless you have your eye on something else later it might not be life or death to spend the $100.  But at $29.99 I think the Wargs is a good buy, I like this set a lot and will probably get 2 or 3 if possible.  

I'm on the fence about Galaxy Squad as in investment...but 50% off retial is hard to say 'no' to.

It sure is hard to say no. lol  I had a couple sets in my hands last night and thought I would sleep on it.  I don't know if these prices are in effect on friday, but if you spend $75 in store Friday you get a $15 gift card which can be used any time for anything.. So if those deals stacked that would be pretty nice.  But I imagine you'd have to get there pretty early to get any galaxy Squad sets at 50% off (if in fact they are still at this price, or have any stock left when you get there)

Guest eightbrick

Galaxy Squad 50% off? Wargs 50% off? Awesome!!! I doubt any of the GS sets are going to do as well as how I predicted back in that article I wrote (hey, gimme a break, I thought they were very cool sets :P ) but for personal collection... this is going to be great. Going to try to head down to my local one tomorrow. As for the wargs... 30 bucks sounds mighty good to me! Hahaha, it's getting harder and harder to shun TRU. Thanks Veegs and Han!

Galaxy Squad 50% off? Wargs 50% off? Awesome!!! I doubt any of the GS sets are going to do as well as how I predicted back in that article I wrote (hey, gimme a break, I thought they were very cool sets :P ) but for personal collection... this is going to be great. Going to try to head down to my local one tomorrow. As for the wargs... 30 bucks sounds mighty good to me! Hahaha, it's getting harder and harder to shun TRU. Thanks Veegs and Han!

Whether or not Galaxy Squad will be a winner, eh, who cares? They're awesome! So much in fact I have a complete collection including Toys R Us' exclusive Star Slicer. I can hardly wait to build these suckers! :hyper:

Guest eightbrick

Whether or not Galaxy Squad will be a winner, eh, who cares? They're awesome! So much in fact I have a complete collection including Toys R Us' exclusive Star Slicer. I can hardly wait to build these suckers! :hyper:

Definitely! I picked up a pair of Warp Stingers (one still boxed), and loved the build and result. The human ships are really sleek and clean and the Aliens remind me of Insectoids. Might go in for the 40% off Star Slicer. Man, I can't decide whether to put money into LBR or Target/TRU. I kinda want to get the other winter set too but it doesn't seem worth it compared to those deals. I guess there is a truck already in the cottage.

They are pretty cool for sure! Was hoping for the biggest one to be discounted, but it`s OOS on toysrus.ca and there were not any in store when I went to scout to today. Plenty of the others though. Honestly not sure why these haven`t caught on. They`re very unique sets with cool colours/patterns and set designs unlike anything else Lego has made in recent years. That said, I haven`t bought any yet, which perhaps could mean that many people just favour other things on the market, despite them being great looking sets. Bit of a shame all things considered. I`m considering getting some  :ahappy:

Guest eightbrick

They are pretty cool for sure! Was hoping for the biggest one to be discounted, but it`s OOS on toysrus.ca and there were not any in store when I went to scout to today. Plenty of the others though. Honestly not sure why these haven`t caught on. They`re very unique sets with cool colours/patterns and set designs unlike anything else Lego has made in recent years. That said, I haven`t bought any yet, which perhaps could mean that many people just favour other things on the market, despite them being great looking sets. Bit of a shame all things considered. I`m considering getting some  :ahappy:

If you are looking for parts, go for them! Those purple pods can be pretty useful in their own right, you may have seen this MOC by fellow canuck Rook on EB:

10672303165_c23d0eef6c_z.jpg

I was glad to get the Galactic Titan for $30 off which for you guys up north would just bring it down to our regular retail. Yeesh. :wacko: Maybe the original Space theme stuff is a more niche' market compared to everything else (even Star Wars). Also some people are weird about minifigures not looking like actual people (a funny statement in itself considering Lego people don't look like real people). My favorites are the Alien Buggoids especially the dark red one from Star Slicer; main reason I had to have that set.

Anywho, I had a brainstorm idea of taking all the parts from the Galaxy Squad sets (when I get the chance to open them up) and come up with a Vic Viper design for a future Nnovvember event. I almost forgot about this year's. Here is the flickr pool for it. I was thinking of doing at least one for the good guys and then the aliens.

passed on the wargs, went back and the shelves were cleared.

the goblin king battle is also 50% off for those of you who missed it last round!

Managed to get 4 Wargs from 2 different locations, but they look to be gone now. Also the 50% for the Goblin King was nice find, they aren't even priced on sale on the shelf but are discounted properly when you go the cashier. Bought 2 more of those!

Guest eightbrick

Blinked and missed it. Probably going to miss the GS sets in store too at Target. And my nose is congested. And my dinner was a bit dry. What a miserable day.  :lol: