Project Picks - Ideas sets to be supported

TheOrcKing

17 hours ago, TheGallows said:

So the fishing store is on its way, the designer RobenAnne has submitted (or will be) a further 4 ideas all along the same theme. Now they look really good and I would love to own the whole 'sea side village' What are people thoughts on Lego releasing more than one project from an single ideas designer? Could this end in a new sub-theme? I doubt they will which is a shame not only from an investors prospect but also as a collector. Any way if you haven't seen them already check them out below, here's the next three.

The models look really great, no question about that. But I can't imagine TLG accepting other models in the same 'series' from RobenAnne as additional official Ideas sets. 

Anyway, I just looked back at the dates of previous Review Results reveals, and the 3rd 2015 Review Results video was published on (Thursday) June 9th, 2016. Which means the 3rd 2016 Review Results could be coming later this week, IF LEGO Ideas follows the same schedule... :P 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Haay said:

The models look really great, no question about that. But I can't imagine TLG accepting other models in the same 'series' from RobenAnne as additional official Ideas sets. 

Anyway, I just looked back at the dates of previous Review Results reveals, and the 3rd 2015 Review Results video was published on (Thursday) June 9th, 2016. Which means the 3rd 2016 Review Results could be coming later this week, IF LEGO Ideas follows the same schedule... :P 

Wow!  I can't believe it's just about time for another Review Results reveal.  I can't believe it's been since the end of February.

Man oh man, I keep saying it, but...PLEASE VOLTRON!  Hopefully they worked it out.  The February reveal said they'd tell us more with the 3rd 2016 Review Results.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Current Ideas Sets Available:

• 21306 - The Beatles Yellow Submarine

21306-1.jpg?201610150938

• 21307 - Caterham Seven 620R

21307-1.jpg?201610041154

• 21308 - Adventure Time

21308-1.jpg?201612121059

• 21309 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

21309-1.jpg?201705110852

• 21310 - Old Fishing Store

21310-1.jpg?201706070909

• 21312 - Women of NASA

21312-1.jpg?201710181215

Coming Soon

• 21313 - Ship in a Bottle (2018)

Ship-in-a-Bottle-21313-1-Box.jpg?resize=

• XXXXX - Voltron - Defender of the Universe (2018)

4465899-o_1bi5pa4gt1bvj16m41ac91hc11mjpc

• XXXXX - Tron Legacy Light Cycle (2018)

2148178-o_1a1rdk6cdljc1ot018aohaj18fbc-t

Current Review Cycle

• Third Submissions of 2017

5078032-Projects_in_Review-DJHgqf4Nf2A4Rg-thumbnail-full.png

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

This could be the worst cycle we have seen they won't pick the tower or the SW one as they are against the rules and the shuttle is a lazy remake. Out of the other three the NF 15B is the only intresting one.

the shuttle is much much better than the lego one.. I would like it, it's much much more real

This could be the worst cycle we have seen they won't pick the tower or the SW one as they are against the rules and the shuttle is a lazy remake. Out of the other three the NF 15B is the only intresting one.

I agree with you about the cycle. The SW set doesn’t break any rules. Ideas won’t allow any more sets of a particular license once they’ve selected a set from a license. So, Doctor Who for example, can’t have any more submissions. Star Wars hasn’t ever had any selections. So, technically anything can still be submitted.

Of course, we all know nothing Star Wars will ever get selected.

The only set I like is the Star Wars set. It won’t happen. But that’s it. I hope they don’t select any of them. I just don’t dig them.

3 hours ago, Val-E said:

Totally agree. Let´s hope the skip this one. They are having enough trouble making S5s to want to take on any more trouble.

is this even possible to skip the cycle? or they have to choose one, I agree with the other, the selection is utterly uninspiring and flat.

3 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

Maybe the final design will be a Peruvian chicken restaurant modular.

PUBG map diorama.

15 minutes ago, Shewie said:

is this even possible to skip the cycle? or they have to choose one, I agree with the other, the selection is utterly uninspiring and flat.

If I remember correctly it has happened before, that none of the nominees that acquired the 10,000 votes got through the review phase. So, there's a precedent...

If I remember correctly it has happened before, that none of the nominees that acquired the 10,000 votes got through the review phase. So, there's a precedent...

Yeah I remember that too. Maybe I’ll go back and do a compilation of all the different reviews , who got selected and when, and production dates.

Unless someone has created a wiki page already. That would be sweet!

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't count out the SW set yet. Just my guess.

Factors that the Review Board evaluates projects on

Due to the confidential nature of the LEGO Review, we can't share specifically why each project was not approved. Instead we are able to share important factors that the Review Board investigates when evaluating projects in review. These include but are not limited to the following:

• New (and confidential) products currently being developed internally
    • Sometimes projects overlap with, or are too similar to, products our designers are already working on that may still be 1-2 years out.

• 7 months later...
38 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:
Second 2018 Ideas review: 

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/5c052641-e6d8-40ee-8d06-0fcefb508963

My money is on Steamboat Willie providing licensing with Disney, then SpaceX, then maybe International Space Station

First 2018 LEGO review results:

Interesting.
Steamboat willie is kind of fun.
The M&M is pretty original.
After BBT, I wonder if they’ll be hesitant on another sitcom “room”. I would be.
Apollo’s success may give them reason to select more authentic space sets, but also gives them reason to make their own line.

I could see Disney stepping up and pushing for Steam boat Willie.