4195 - Queen Anne's Revenge

Hansolo55

HUGE risk reward gamble. HUGE.

The last POTC movie has been on TMN a lot lately so I've been watching it in bits and pieces.  Based on the ending (and common sense) the Pearl is going to be central to the next film.  I don't know that the QAR is going to be central to the plot - my gut says no.  If I were a betting man, I'd bet the Pearl gets a remake/update with minifigs that are new to the film or remade, and it anchors the POTC line.  I'm planning to let my last BPs go this upcoming holiday season.  But, like DNIIM said, plenty of people will offload before the new film and if the BP gets UCS treatment the original will likely continue to increase in value.  Classic risk/reward scenario.

• Like 1

My wife is as far from being an AFOL as you can get, she tolerates my playing with LEGO, er investing, so long as it brings in enough each month to make her car payment. That was her actual deal with me. I have a QAR displayed in my house and it was her idea to keep it. Coming from my wife that is shocking. Both of these sets do well and will continue to do well because of massive non AFOL appeal. An upgrade will not change that. There is room for another great ship, not very many people can afford an Imperial Flagship.

• Like 1

My wife is as far from being an AFOL as you can get, she tolerates my playing with LEGO, er investing, so long as it brings in enough each month to make her car payment. That was her actual deal with me. I have a QAR displayed in my house and it was her idea to keep it. Coming from my wife that is shocking. Both of these sets do well and will continue to do well because of massive non AFOL appeal. An upgrade will not change that. There is room for another great ship, not very many people can afford an Imperial Flagship.

The QAR is a surprisingly easy build, but it does look quite nice once it's together.

• 6 months later...

I have a dilemma.

A local collectables store happens to have 3 sealed 4195s on the shelf for $280 CDN. I really want a set to build for my own collection so I've been waiting for a good price on an opened set but after over a year of looking there are no deals out there. I could buy one of these sealed sets but as an investor I'm loath to crack the seals at this point but the price is as good as anything when I factor in shipping from somewhere else.

Should I bite the bullet on one? And should I grab the other 2 to stash for the future at $270?

I have a dilemma.

A local collectables store happens to have 3 sealed 4195s on the shelf for $280 CDN. I really want a set to build for my own collection so I've been waiting for a good price on an opened set but after over a year of looking there are no deals out there. I could buy one of these sealed sets but as an investor I'm loath to crack the seals at this point but the price is as good as anything when I factor in shipping from somewhere else.

Should I bite the bullet on one? And should I grab the other 2 to stash for the future at $270?

If you're into boats or the pirate theme, go for it. I just finished building a second hand one for 120

Edited by Neosphinx

Are you in Calgary?  And whats this store all about?  Do they sell a lot of collectible Lego?  Not that I want those Queen Anne's, I have three sealed already.  Although if I did suddenly get paid for all this work I did up north last month.....  $280 CDN is a decent price for local for something that sells on US ebay over $300 US.

Are you in Calgary?  And whats this store all about?  Do they sell a lot of collectible Lego?  Not that I want those Queen Anne's, I have three sealed already.  Although if I did suddenly get paid for all this work I did up north last month.....  $280 CDN is a decent price for local for something that sells on US ebay over $300 US.

Store is in Edmonton and they have a mostly new selection of LEGO but tons of aftermarket minifigs. The Queen Anne's sets were the nicest collectable sets in stock but there was also an Emerald Night for $380...

Not much other stock to mention but if he has retired sets, his prices are kept inline with eBay for the most part.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

I could use some advice from the community.  

I stumbled upon GREAT deal on a used QAR that included the box (a little ragged, but presentable), the original poster, both instruction books, all minifigures, and every single piece (plus all of the extras), in very clean shape for $140.  I know that I can resell this right now for right around three bills, but I am wondering if this might be an item that I would want to hold for a bit longer.  I am pretty wary about new POTC products coming out, and I have to believe that the QAR must be getting close to reaching a ceiling, especially for a used set.  This set is about as close to new as it gets though...

Thoughts?  Sell or hold?

I just sold my last 7 Queens for about $350 each and my last 10 Black pearls for about the same. It just made more sense to put this money in other sets that will outgrow the POC ships. I'm sure that the Black Pearl and the Queen Anne may continue to grow slowly but also keep in mind the new line coming out next year

Hi all,

I could use some advice from the community.

I stumbled upon GREAT deal on a used QAR that included the box (a little ragged, but presentable), the original poster, both instruction books, all minifigures, and every single piece (plus all of the extras), in very clean shape for $140. I know that I can resell this right now for right around three bills, but I am wondering if this might be an item that I would want to hold for a bit longer. I am pretty wary about new POTC products coming out, and I have to believe that the QAR must be getting close to reaching a ceiling, especially for a used set. This set is about as close to new as it gets though...

Thoughts? Sell or hold?

Used QARs are going for around $200 +/- $20 right now. In order to get $300+ the set would have to be sealed in box. $140 is still a great deal though and you should be able to clear $40ish after fees if you sell. For the most part used sets don't rise at the same rate as boxed ones, so your choice is really flip now or keep and enjoy a beautiful ship. I sold a used QAR a few months ago for around $185, but it was missing Blackbeard. Edited by Migration

Thoughts?  Sell or hold?

It's a 2011 set which still grows in value, and the incoming pirate theme will help it even more.

I would not sell this beauty before Xmas 2015.

And i finally built the Quenn Anne, the Black Pearl and the Imperial Flagship (10210) and put them next to the Seacow. Quite and impressive display

I WANT A PICTURE !!! :girlwah:

Edited by biniou

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
5 minutes ago, bricksnstocks said:

Anyone has a good idea how to flatten old sails? I recent got a lot with some parts from a Queen Anne's and want to bricklink the rest but the sails are all curled up. Thanks

I put my sails in a heavy textbook