Which Lego Star Wars UCS retire first?

Stars Wars UCS EOL  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which Stars Wars UCS will retire first

• SSD
    • B Wing
    • R2D2
    • DS (I know this is not UCS, but has the price point)
  2. 2. Which will have the greatest gains

IMO - R2-D2 is one of the most creative and amazing sets UCS I have ever seen save 10179.  However, I think the SSD and it will see around the same returns even though I think the B-Wing will retire before both of them.  If R2-D2 retire by May, then it may outpace SSD, but if if it goes through the next holiday season which it certainly may - then tie.

Hi guys!

I would like to know which set I should purchase two of as of right now. I'd like to build one and invest in the other. Sorry, a bit OT, but all these sets look amazing and no doubt will be in demand when they are retired...

Thanks!

I would probably go r2d2 since I don't have the space for SSD. Both are great, so you can't go wrong with either.

One thing I don't understand, the SSD has been around longer than the B-wing yet everybody things it'll retire first? Isn't the lifespan of a set usually 2 years in which case it would make sense for the B-wing to be around another year and the SSD to retire?

I have seen 0 discounts over here for the B-wing to be honest...and I make it rule to almost never buy anything at retail lol.

One thing I don't understand, the SSD has been around longer than the B-wing yet everybody things it'll retire first? Isn't the lifespan of a set usually 2 years in which case it would make sense for the B-wing to be around another year and the SSD to retire?

I have seen 0 discounts over here for the B-wing to be honest...and I make it rule to almost never buy anything at retail lol.

The lifespan of a set is usually two year. Everyone thinks that the B-wing will retire first because on May 4th and 5th, the set was 50% off at LEGO Shop at Home in the USA. Since then, the set has been sold out on LEGO Shop at Home US.

Well for those that think that the set cycles would be extended, I hope they would have a little knowledge about the toy bussines, more so, the injection molding bussiness. I worked over 6 years for Mattel and now I own and injection molding facility.. In order for any company to keep products longer that their normal life cycle they need to invest more or increase their expenses, why ??  There are only two options, make a large production run of the sets and then Store them ( not a good practice at all ) or invest in expanding their production plants to accomodate the new lines they are just starting and run all the old stuff they have and not forget to expand their warehouse to accomodate all the carton and instruction sheets and and plastic bags and resin pigments....ohh !!  and dont forget the Packing lines, there is one for each product, so they would need more space to have all the lines available.....   Yeah I think it is a good bussiness strategy to extend a product line and overlap the new with the old........