New member from the UK

Greetings All, I discovered this site from the Beyond the Brick podcast. I re-discovered my own lego about 2 years ago when i moved into a bigger house. I thought I would have a go a rebuilding the 'castle' that I built when I was a teenager. It used to take me a day... 11 months later I completed it. It looked rubbish. But I said to myself, 'aha, I have a job now I can afford to buy the bricks that are the right color etc.... Onto Ebay and a

Welcome to the site. You bring up an interesting topic. We always talk about LEGO sets on the site and how they appreciate, but LEGO "BULK" is another way to make money. Parting out large lots of bulk LEGO bricks and breaking down lots and sorting them into colors and types is a great way to make money with limited effort.

Thanks Ed, it is quite a bit of effort, more than I expected. And it has bought my building to a virtual halt. But it is a good way to discover some of the sets that have been released in the past few years (or even decades). Especially if they are Star Wars. And it has allowed me to buy the two sets i always wanted when I was a kid. 6285 Pirate Ship and 6980 Galaxy Explorer.

Thanks Ed, it is quite a bit of effort, more than I expected. And it has bought my building to a virtual halt. But it is a good way to discover some of the sets that have been released in the past few years (or even decades). Especially if they are Star Wars. And it has allowed me to buy the two sets i always wanted when I was a kid. 6285 Pirate Ship and 6980 Galaxy Explorer.

Yes, LEGO sorting drives a sane man, insane. Not hard physically, but mentally, just very tedious and mind numbing work. If you have kids or know of any, pay them to do it. LOL

Nope, no kids. And my God daughter would eat it. It is good to do when watching the Formula 1 racing and listening to podcasts.

Just had 10193 delivered today. I have discovered the disadvantage of Brickvesting. I want to OPEN THE BOX!!.

Yes. Discipline is a requirement in LEGO investing. Without it, you are just a LEGO fan and are subject to the increased desires to actually "build" the set.

I satisfy my own needs to build my favorite sets by acquiring good quality "used" sets that I can build and not feel guilty about.