Stupidest Question Ever Asked in a Lego Store

CNH1974

Perhaps they were being sarcastic? Can`t say I`ve ever heard any "stupid" questions, that I can recall at least, but many ignorant ones from soccer moms or dads who really don`t know anything about Lego. In response to those seeing the PAB wall, I remember many "so you just take a cup and fill it with whatever you like?" questions directed towards the staff. Occasionally me as I filled cups. To that I`ve wanted to say, "well, there are cups/lids over here, and prices over here, and a wall of bricks over there which is not being monitored by any staff, so my guess is that is what you are supposed to do....."  :laugh: 

Anyway, the parents buy for the kids, so how can they know often times? Little Charlie wants something called a Super Star Destroyer for Christmas, so they go out and buy it, or whatever said it may be. Your story did give me a chuckle though  :thumbsup:

Best comeback from the Lego Store Employee would have been: "Yes, but for an extra $100 I'll put it together for you on my lunch break."

Anyway, the parents buy for the kids, so how can they know often times? Little Charlie wants something called a Super Star Destroyer for Christmas, so they go out and buy it, or whatever said it may be. Your story did give me a chuckle though  :thumbsup:

I actually just sold a Death Star without figures put together. The mother found it on ebay and was local and asked if they could pick it up assembled. The whole family came and from the brief interaction with them I got the feeling they would have NEVER been able to put one together properly.

Best comeback from the Lego Store Employee would have been: "Yes, but for an extra $100 I'll put it together for you on my lunch break."

I actually just sold a Death Star without figures put together. The mother found it on ebay and was local and asked if they could pick it up assembled. The whole family came and from the brief interaction with them I got the feeling they would have NEVER been able to put one together properly.

That`s hilarious!  :laugh:  Why buy Lego if they aren`t capable of building/assembling? Perhaps just bragging rights?  At least you didn`t have to take it apparent, and probably saved some time there?

"aren't those mega blocks just the same thing?"  my own mother :(

Wow. That is a very stupid question to me.

My mom still says that even though I try to explain the difference every time.

Trying to explain the difference between Lego and Mega Blocks to someone who doesn`t get it is like trying to explain the difference between DVD and Blu-Ray!  :banghead:

Trying to explain the difference between Lego and Mega Blocks to someone who doesn`t get it is like trying to explain the difference between DVD and Blu-Ray!  :banghead:

Sometimes it is a good thing when you do not want to spend a lot of money of buying Lego sets for relatives. Just buy Best Lock or Mega blocks. They are the same thing.

Guest eightbrick

More like the difference between Blu Ray and floppy disks. :D

Guest brickcrazyhouse

"Peter: You got LEGOs? Aw, sweet! Lois only buys me Mega Bloks.

Lois: They're the same thing, Peter.

Peter: You know what, Lois? They're not the same thing. And the sooner you get that through your thick skull, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track." -   --  Family Guy

Less than half a second assuming an average bit rate of 30mbit/s and a 1.44 megabyte floppy :P

Hah! Knew someone would try to work it out :P

Stupidest question at the Lego store ever:

Where do babies come from?

I asked them, they didn't know. Stupid.

That's cos Lego is from 3 and upwards :D

Less than half a second assuming an average bit rate of 30mbit/s and a 1.44 megabyte floppy :P

Blue-Ray is capable of doing 40mbs of video and 8mbs of audio. This translates to 6,291,456 bytes per second.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#Bit_rate

1.44 meg floppies can store 1,474,560 bytes.

It's actually about 0.23 seconds by my calculations. Crazy. I remember playing Falcon 3.0 which was 5 floppy disks...

Here's the dumbest question I've ever heard in a Lego Store:

"Do you guys sell Legos here?"

What tipped you off, Einstein? Was it the floor-to-ceiling walls of sets, the logo on the door, or the wall full of loose Lego bricks?

It's really just a front for pot dealers. Say it with me: "Bo-de-***"