Cool CITY Store Display!

legotrader

• 10 months later...

I'm pretty sure these are very illegal to own. I saw they were taking down the monster fighters display at my local Target. I asked if I could buy it from them. Spoke to the store manager, and they were very specific that they were required to junk these, they could not be sold. That their store could be in trouble if they were seen owned by the public. Not surprisingly, she would not tell me which garbage can and at what time she was throwing it away.

I'm pretty sure these are very illegal to own. I saw they were taking down the monster fighters display at my local Target. I asked if I could buy it from them. Spoke to the store manager, and they were very specific that they were required to junk these, they could not be sold. That their store could be in trouble if they were seen owned by the public. Not surprisingly, she would not tell me which garbage can and at what time she was throwing it away.

The displays are taken by equipment liquidators to be destroyed. Some find their way onto eBay.

Well, it's not only equipment liquidators. My local Target used to receive prepaid shipping crates to have them sent back to Lego, but then the policy changed back a few years ago and they have to sign an affidavit that they have trashed these displays. Either way, I'm absolutely certain these are illegal to sell.....grey area on owning them.

Well, it's not only equipment liquidators. My local Target used to receive prepaid shipping crates to have them sent back to Lego, but then the policy changed back a few years ago and they have to sign an affidavit that they have trashed these displays.

Either way, I'm absolutely certain these are illegal to sell.....grey area on owning them.

I'm just borrowing mine. LOL. They should sell them. Too nice to destroy.

I saw what I assume is a new Chima display sitting on a crate in a cardboard box at Wal-Mart tonight. I had a sign on the box that said "ATTN: To be opened by Lego rep when they arrive" or something like that. I assume it will be replacing the Ninjago display they currently have now. The box wasn't sealed, so I tried to peek in, but it was covered with soft styrofoam sheeting over the acrylic. I didn't want to make a scene tearing into it.