Sigh...Amazon Packing

forestgirl27

I tried...really I did.

Ordered ONE Friends Dolphin Cruiser from Amazon. First delivery both the outer and inner box were stepped on. Second try, exterior box great, Lego box had ripped corner. Third try today...see photo. Note the gaping hole. Exterior box fine, but whoever packed it did not pay much attention. Amazon is going to make it right... but this is tiresome.

What else is new?  They destroyed 4 Cargo Train sets before they finally send me 2 in decent shape.  I see them reselling those 4 a few days in the warehouse deals after I got the confirmation.  Amazon will keep resending you new ones as long as you want to wait.  I spoke with someone in India on all 3 occasions and it instructed shipping to not put it in an outer box smaller than the sets.  Guess what, some idiot paid minimum wage in the US could care less.  It's no wonder Amazon haven't made any money from operation in the past 4 quarters.  They need to raise the minimum from 25-35 to bleed their coffers.  

Thanks everyone. I have never tried price-matching but I will give it a whirl next time to avoid this insanity.

Amazon has given me free labels to ship all three back. And the manager I spoke with today is going to refund me half the price of the Dolphin Cruiser--making it in the $27 range.

I did have to use my own tape to re-ship all three packages (you all know that tape is expensive--and I secured all of them much better than they did when they shipped them out) and I also used my car to take them to UPS.

Oh sad! I can understand your frustration.  Amazon sent me a Grand Emporium a few weeks ago in a non padded poly envelope with just the seal no extra taping. Ya, that didn't arrive in the best of shape either. The good thing here is Amazon does provide those free labels to send stuff back to them. It is an extra hassle, but Amazon's deals, service and fast shipping make up for a few mistakes for me at least. Hopefully your next set arrives to in better condition!

I'm sure I am jinxing myself by saying this, but my Amazon shipments are in excellent condition 95% of the time.  I think a lot more of the problem lies with the carriers.  Remember when Ace Ventura was masquerading as an "HDS" driver and was kicking the crap out of the package?  I swear the real "HDS" guys, whose name I won't specify, really do that.  I have had packages arrive from UPS...whoops, I said it after all...that looked like they played a game of soccer with them first.  I cringe every time I see the UPS guy pull up with my Lego order.

I have found Amazon's packaging/delivery has gradually declined over the past year. Before I'd always receive Lego in more or less mint condition. Nowadays I often get Lego sets with sub-standard protection and often the box looks like it's taken a good beating and the Lego set will have dents, creases and occasionally rips. I've also had Amazon's delivery people come and threw a large Lego set over my fence, i had a Helms deep left on my door step in plain sight which anybody could have stolen (thankfully they didnt!) 

• 2 weeks later...

It's almost like they go out of their way to make sure your package shows up looking like that. The last box I got was smashed to hell and there was one little tiny piece of paper to "secure" the contents. Ridiculous! I price match with Target every chance I get. Great prices Amazon, but DAMN!

Guest TabbyBoy

Sorry to gloat but, every single set out of the 300 or so that I have ordered from Amazon Europe has arrived in pristine condition.  However, Argos aren't quite the same which is why I pick-up from store so I can reject/refund on the spot if I need to.  Remember you can always try to claim for a damaged item.

I have found Amazon's packaging/delivery has gradually declined over the past year. Before I'd always receive Lego in more or less mint condition. Nowadays I often get Lego sets with sub-standard protection and often the box looks like it's taken a good beating and the Lego set will have dents, creases and occasionally rips. I've also had Amazon's delivery people come and threw a large Lego set over my fence, i had a Helms deep left on my door step in plain sight which anybody could have stolen (thankfully they didnt!) 

^ This. Same here. I used to wonder what all the fuss was about because everything I ordered from Amazon was delivered in good shape but lately it has all changed for the worse. I wonder what's going on with them.

Meh....not bad at all. 1 racer (in the worst looking box) was caved in a lot---not bad bough. Only one of the trains was caved in and creased---again not horrible. Not worth complaining...as I said in previous post...if enough people complain about shipping damage they will just shut off us from the uk site. I am sure that is coming anyways.

Train crease is worse than I can get to show in pic...but it's not that bad. Can't beat the prices on Amzn uk.

post-14194-0-02011900-1384809786_thumb.j

post-14194-0-44856600-1384809829_thumb.j

Nice! Glad it wasn`t mauled. That box looks to be in far worse shape. 

Meh....not bad at all. 1 racer (in the worst looking box) was caved in a lot---not bad bough. Only one of the trains was caved in and creased---again not horrible. Not worth complaining...as I said in previous post...if enough people complain about shipping damage they will just shut off us from the uk site. I am sure that is coming anyways.

I agree that this is likely going to happen. Really hope it doesn`t though. I can`t believe how cheap some sets are to order from all the way over there as opposed to buying here. Really is unbelievable, and will be an unfortunate event should/when they decided to turn off the Can/US faucet.