Free $10 gift-card with in-store purchase of $50 - Promo (11/3 - 11/9)

binici

Bought a technic tow truck with the 10$ GC off 50...truck was already on sale no problem.

Used 10$ GC + groupon + 10$ off 100 + 5$ R rewards + 5$ Rewards all on 2 VC..no problem.

Got 2 coupons -one per transaction-20% off for next week

Nice! I'm taking some coupons with me and I'll grab a couple Technic: Tow Trucks.

I coupled this with the $59 Palpatine's Arrest sale to get it for $53.13. Will cycle back through and pick up a few more as the minifigs alone are worth $60ish. Plus getting 8 points back per dollar on Double-wishious Wednesday. TRU is winning my trust back now. . .just have to really pick your sales and watch the prices! I'll probably use the 20% coupons to pick up a few Summer Riding Camp sets. Or if they've got any Vampyre Castle sets left will snap those up in a heartbeat!

I abused the crap out of this the other day. I got 8 coupons in one go around. I did 8 separate transactions to pick up some VC's and Friends Summer Riding Camps. Also grabbed some tow trucks in separate transactions.

The tow truck is the way to go to manipulate this. You spend exactly $50 pre tax so you can get the most for your money and still qualify for the $10 gift card.  Come back the next day and use 5 gift cards to buy another tow truck and you still qualify for another gift card!

I just came back from purchasing the Palpatine's arrest set.

Now I'm pissed because the customer service rep didn't let me use the coupon with my purchases of the Vampyre Castle this past Sunday...

Do you all recommend I take my purchases back and have them redo my order? :P

Anyhow, not a bad price for the set.

Now I'm pissed because the customer service rep didn't let me use the coupon with my purchases of the Vampyre Castle this past Sunday...

Does the coupon say that it works on sale items?

If you are going to be back at TRU, I'd make them redo the purchase and apply the coupon. The only sale items it excludes are "Hot Price" items.

Regarding Sat 10% off for R Us Card members.  

This promo will show up instantly on your transaction.  It reduced each item by 10%.  Coupons and gift card promos can be used as well.  However, you must pay for your entire transaction with your R Us card.  If you use a gift card for even part of your payment (like I did doh!), you won't get the 10%.  I basically threw away a 10$ GC by using it and forfeiting the 10%.  The receipt will show "10% off w/card" under each line item letting you know you received the discount.