What is the most Lego VIP points you've accumulated?

lobo1969

With double VIP points in October I'm currently just over 2000. Even though I had a points membership for many years, I've never actively worried about getting them until my city finally got a LEGO store about 6 monthes ago. I've bought 90% of my LEGO at TRU sales.

Has anyone let the points just rack up over a long period of time? Has anyone hit 5 figures??

I`m sitting at around 2800 VIP points. Sadly they expire 2 years after you get them, which means I doubt very many (if any) have been able to reach 10000 in their account (perhaps if you count the points already spent as well). Only a small portion of what I buy is at the Lego store, and is mainly exclusive sets and PAB cups for my collection.  Would be very impressive if someone had 10k (Emazers perhaps?  :D )

Guest eightbrick

I think I only have 3 or 4 hundred right now. Got 250 or so from the double point promo. I usually cash them in right away but I like the idea of saving up.

I spend them pretty much as I get them. When LEGO, working in close cooperation with the NSA, stop harassing Angela Merkel and get around to tracking my secret location here deep in an underground bunker, I don't want to lose them in the ensuing firefight and apocalypse.

Well unfortunately Apple already knows where you are and the NSA gets all their info from them.

I went to the Lego store the other day and got a new guy at checkout. He was going through his rehearsed spiel about you have <blank> dollars in Lego VIP reward points.

Except it came out "And it looks like you have...Holy <deleted>, how do you have $190 dollars in VIP points?!?"

hopefully you didn't say by not working for minimum wage

• Like 1

I have 379, it's the most I've ever had as I hardly ever buy from S@H.

Like sadowsk1said there is no point in letting them accumulate.  If you make a purchase from Lego and don't use any points you have your balance at the time and let them sit "until next time", then you have essentially just cost yourself money through inflation and opportunity cost.