Retiring Soon Suggestions

Please Post your suggestions for the retiring soon list here. I personally think the following sets should be retired:

• 4432 Garbage Truck
  • 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter
  • 9461 The Swamp Creature
  • 9463 The Werewolf 
  • 9468 Vampyre Castle
  • 7741 Police Helicopter
  • 10197 Fire Brigade

I based these suggestions off of past patterns and Shop at Home release dates.

Note: These are only sets that you think should be listed as Retiring Soon. Please do not list any sets that are already retired or retiring soon.

2nd Note: I am in the US so some of these sets may already be retired in your country.

Please Post your suggestions for the retiring soon list here. I personally think the following sets should be retired:

• 4432 Garbage Truck
  • 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter
  • 9461 The Swamp Creature
  • 9463 The Werewolf 
  • 9468 Vampyre Castle
  • 7741 Police Helicopter
  • 10197 Fire Brigade

I based these suggestions off of past patterns and Shop at Home release dates.

Note: These are only sets that you think should be listed as Retiring Soon. Please do not list any sets that are already retired or retiring soon.

2nd Note: I am in the US so some of these sets may already be retired in your country.

I would like to point out that some of these sets are already retired in countries like the UK. That being said, some of these sets should be retiring at the end of this year, or the beginning of next year. Like the Vampyre Castle, Garbage Truck, and Dirt Bike Transporter.

Guest TabbyBoy

The Fire Brigade is not retired even though it's well overdue. The first 5 on the list are on the way out.  The Police Helicopter appears to be an "evergreen" item that won't die.  Don't bother with the Police Helicopter as it basic and they appear to even outnumber termites on this planet! ;-)

What we want to retire and what Lego wants to retire are completely different things. ;-(

Well, Like I said, It may be different in the UK than in the US. The Police Helicopter Needs to Die before 2014, because they are coming out with new Police sets, and It has been out way too long. My local LEGO Store's Employee said the Fire Brigade would be retired by December. Anyways, over 200 sets retired between September and December 2012, So that should happen again this year. Also, you should post suggestions, not criticism to my ideas. 

Well, Like I said, It may be different in the UK than in the US. The Police Helicopter Needs to Die before 2014, because they are coming out with new Police sets, and It has been out way too long. My local LEGO Store's Employee said the Fire Brigade would be retired by December. Anyways, over 200 sets retired between September and December 2012, So that should happen again this year. Also, you should post suggestions, not criticism to my ideas. 

I am also thinking that the Star Wars Malevolence will retire at the end of this year or the beginning of next year.

"So that should happen again this year" Easy to criticize "My Local Lego Store employee said" Even easier.  When will Epic dragon and Sonic Raider retire based on past patterns shouldnt these be already gone since the rest of the wave is EOL. Will they still sell these with the 2014 wave too. TLG has no set run times they have gone back and produced more of some of these sets to meet high demand and now we will never know when they will actually retire the best is to gauge stock at all retailers not release dates. TLG is playing by their own rules.

I don't think he criticized you in that post at all. He just mentioned that what we want to retire and what actually does is different. You listed sets, he refuted a few of them. Nothing malicious about that.

Just search "Lego employee" on the website and you will see how unreliable they are.

In general TLG really does just do what they want and who knows. I expect the whole LOTR first wave to go soon, the Bwing, and the first wave of Super Heros along with Monster FIghters. But who knows?

Guest TabbyBoy

I am also thinking that the Star Wars Malevolence will retire at the end of this year or the beginning of next year.

I hope so as I bought 15 of them at Asda for

Guest TabbyBoy

Hardly criticism and certainly not intended that way.  There is a lot of info in these forums but, at the end of the day, we can only speculate as to what's being retired.  To be honest, a lot of retirees come as a surprise.  I wish you luck anyway. ;-)

I don't think he criticized you in that post at all. He just mentioned that what we want to retire and what actually does is different. You listed sets, he refuted a few of them. Nothing malicious about that.

Just search "Lego employee" on the website and you will see how unreliable they are.

In general TLG really does just do what they want and who knows. I expect the whole LOTR first wave to go soon, the Bwing, and the first wave of Super Heros along with Monster FIghters. But who knows?

The UCS B-Wing sold out June 17th.

"So that should happen again this year" Easy to criticize "My Local Lego Store employee said" Even easier.  When will Epic dragon and Sonic Raider retire based on past patterns shouldnt these be already gone since the rest of the wave is EOL. Will they still sell these with the 2014 wave too. TLG has no set run times they have gone back and produced more of some of these sets to meet high demand and now we will never know when they will actually retire the best is to gauge stock at all retailers not release dates. TLG is playing by their own rules.

They usually retire lots of sets at the end of each year. In 2012, 200+. This year, around 35 so far since August 1st.