New comer from Hong Kong

Guest eightbrick

Hi Chris, what can you tell us about the lego set prices and availability in HK? what's hot there?

Retail stores like TRU are pretty pricey compared to US pricing, for example a twenty dollar US set will cost 220 HKD (~$31 US) at TRU. Smaller stores (strangely) can offer better prices usually, but rarely equal to American pricing. Check out this topic: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4732-investing-in-asia/

Lego seems relatively popular there, it's definitely on the rise.

Thanks for all the warm welcome!

In Hong Kong, most lego sets are expensive than US. For those hit set, such as 10235, it costs around US$ 150 here. We also have to pay for 'free' polybag, the VW promo polybag needs US$20.

So, playing lego in HK is quite $$$$$

Thanks for all the warm welcome!

In Hong Kong, most lego sets are expensive than US. For those hit set, such as 10235, it costs around US$ 150 here. We also have to pay for 'free' polybag, the VW promo polybag needs US$20.

So, playing lego in HK is quite $$$$$

I remembered there was only 1 Toys R Us in Tsim Sha Tsui and Dada as the bigger outlets for Lego in Hong Kong.  My dad used to buy Lego from the mom and pop shops.  That was about 25 years ago.  I remembered Lego set was hard to come by before the internet (Ebay) and UPS, DHL, and FedEx was super expensive.  It'll take months to a year before a set hit the selves.  I'm sure the market is quite different there now.  What's it like there nowadays?  How's the market for 41999 there?

Guest TabbyBoy

Welcome! I lived in Hong Kong from '94 to '97 and had a great time when living in Discovery Bay with my office in Central Plaza. Back then I noticed it was a very expensive place. BTW... can you get the 10250 snake there? Thanks.