It seems like several sets have just retired today

Guest TabbyBoy

The one pattern I noticed after looking at the retirement dates for sets, is that they always retire last in the USA. Probably because they have the greatest demand here.

Yep, for the most part, sets that retire in the UK typically retire in the US shortly after. This is exactly what happened with the Imperial Shuttle last winter. The VC, hearse, Orc, dirt bike transporter, and garbage truck will all be retired here in the states very soon. Stock up while you can!! Lego regret is the worst regret!

Yep, for the most part, sets that retire in the UK typically retire in the US shortly after. This is exactly what happened with the Imperial Shuttle last winter. The VC, hearse, Orc, dirt bike transporter, and garbage truck will all be retired here in the states very soon. Stock up while you can!! Lego regret is the worst regret!

I am trying to find out if the pattern works on a lot of sets. So far, it works. I have yet to find one set that does not follow this pattern.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

It's nice for the US that the UK is the retirement "guineapig".  However, it appears that Helm's Deep has gone in US but still available at some UK retailers.

10227 B-Wing retired in th US, while not in UK and EU.

9472 retired first in the US also.

The 9472 was a real close one. It retired in the US five days before it retired in the UK. The 10227 is still on LEGO Shop at Home, but it has said Sold Out for a while now. Not sure it you could consider that retirement of a set.

The 9472 was a real close one. It retired in the US five days before it retired in the UK. The 10227 is still on LEGO Shop at Home, but it has said Sold Out for a while now. Not sure it you could consider that retirement of a set.

I'm pretty sure there were at least 3 months between US and EU for 9472 Weathertop, and I just checked on Brickset, which says the same for UK.

I also tried to find some pattern between the 3 regions (US-CA / UK / EU). Although there is unfortunately no available UE data, it seems very very close to EU.

I'm pretty sure there were at least 3 months between US and EU for 9472 Weathertop, and I just checked on Brickset, which says the same for UK.

I also tried to find some pattern between the 3 regions (US-CA / UK / EU). Although there is unfortunately no available UE data, it seems very very close to EU.

I just checked Brickset and for the 9472, it is like 4 months and five days. I guess a read it wrong. It still is strange for me that this particular set retired in the US first.

Guest TabbyBoy

tesco at 29.99. gamble i know but rrp was 39.99 and they are showing as retired on lego.com.

whats the cardiff shop like for deals mate?

I've only been there once when going to visit my cousin, no specials deals I'm afraid.  I've had a bit of a fallout with Lego so, I'm giving their shops a wide berth for a while.  For buying, I'm split between Tesco, Amazon, Adsa & Smyths.

You should still do OK at

Guest TabbyBoy

they are coming through the entertainer. hopefully won't turn up battered

I ordered 25x 4529 (Iron Man) from The Entertainer a month ago for

tesco at 29.99. gamble i know but rrp was 39.99 and they are showing as retired on lego.com.

whats the cardiff shop like for deals mate?

Cardiff shop not great for deals. Nothing discounted at the moment. Great shop though, lots going on and staff very knowledgeable and enthusiastic.