LEGO Bricktober 2012 Vintage MiniFigure Collection....

jjamell

Are they worth spending 60$ at Toys r Us to get? Im new to collecting, and just wondering if these will have any collector value in the future. I picked up vol 1 last week, but they had a sale buy one set get 1 40% off. So I picked up 2 Duo Funhouses (6857), but this week with no sales I cant justify picking up vol 2. I think my money would better be spent on retired sets on ebay. Any veteran insight would be appreciated.

I know there are a lot of TRU haters, and I can understand why. There prices on some sets are just ridiculous. If you do decide to pick up a volume 2 in the store, first go to their website and grab their save up to $30 in-store purchase coupon. You can save $10 if you spend $75 or more....not the best deal though with their regular prices. They will also price match now so you might be able to pick something up using Target's 20% off sale prices. The employees in my local TRU always match Target or Walmart sales for me.

If you are really into the minifigs in these box sets, then I would say yes. Each 'Vintage' set is basically worth $20 (even though Toys R Us has it listed at $25). You can pay more than that on BrickLink or eBay, especially for this one. (I think it's because of the red ninja.) I'd basically just order enough to qualify for one, wait for the next one to come up, then do the same thing again.

The prices (at this moment) are at actual retail, so getting a free $20 item & shipping, this is a pretty good deal for once!

Unfortunately, since they are re-issue's, I do not see these going that high up in value. The boxset was made to be a collectors item, so there is some value. It will just take awhile before that happens. I have seen the "Vintage Minifigure Collection" Box 2 listed for $30-$70, though.

When I look at these Vintage Collections, I think they are fairly cool, but they don't fill me with the kind of excitement I experienced the first time I laid eyes on Jabba's Palace or the upcoming Arkham Asylum Breakout. The Vintage sets may go up in value, but I can't see them going up very high. I wouldn't recommend buying things JUST to get the Vintage Minifig sets. Buy the things you want if now is the time to buy them.

I don't see these yet listed on BrickPicker, they have the older version but not this new one set 5000437.

There are no listings that were sold as of the last update, so all we have is the basic info. Sometimes it takes months to get some valid sold listings on newer sets.