Here Is Toys R Us Lego Sale For 10/13-10/19

emazers

What the feck?! They have all the Monster Fighters sets with the "Our Exclusive!" tag! Ugh, if anyone is that daft to think they really are Toys R Us exclusives, they deserve to pay their high list prices. :wacko: I just noticed they also have the Scooby-doo sets by Cobi (Character Building).

Considering the area I live in, its not too far off. Target doesn't have any, nearest Walmart is 20-25 min away, and even the Lego Store only has the Haunted House in stock, and they just received a shipment a few days ago. Sure, amazon counts, but in terms of brick and mortar the only place I know of that would have it is Toy's R Us.

What the feck?! They have all the Monster Fighters sets with the "Our Exclusive!" tag! Ugh, if anyone is that daft to think they really are Toys R Us exclusives, they deserve to pay their high list prices. :wacko: I just noticed they also have the Scooby-doo sets by Cobi (Character Building).

I think once everyone else sells out of them and TRU still has them on the shelf for 20% more they become TRU exclusives.

Didn't have much luck with toysrus today.  Went there this morning trying to price match Jabba Palace (their in-store price is $149) with Amazon's price ($90).  The cashier told me if I do price match, that would override the 5-pk minifigure promotion.  So I could only pick one option.

Left the store without buying anything.

Didn't have much luck with toysrus today.  Went there this morning trying to price match Jabba Palace (their in-store price is $149) with Amazon's price ($90).  The cashier told me if I do price match, that would override the 5-pk minifigure promotion.  So I could only pick one option.

LOL, serves them right! No soup for them!

You should have asked for the manager.  If the manager pulled the same thing ask for the DM's number.  Usually they buckle if you are to get the district manager involved.  It's fun to have fun at TRU.

OK, today I tried another toysrus store, and this time I went straight to the customer service desk and asked whether they would honor the 5pk minifigure if I do online price match.  The first thing the store manager asked me is "what's the item you are doing price match and how much is the difference.".   I didn't say Jabba Palace because I didn't want to scare her off with $60 difference, so I told her it's Lego Creator 31012, the difference is only $10.  

She told me the system wouldn't allow her to do it, but she would honor me anyway.  So I walked out with the Creator set plus 5 pk minifigure.  One thing I noticed is that she didn't enter that 5 pk minifigure set in the system, so it doesn't even show up on the receipt.   I think if I return the Creator set, I should be able to keep the 5k minifigure set for free.