Brickpicker will not be held liable for pricing errors....

Man......I learned my lesson tonight! Hard style!

Saw a hero factory guy I wasn't familiar with on Craig's for 15 bucks. Punched it up on bp as always to see what value was. I did a triple take---checked the part number and picture and description. It was showing worth 120 new...and this one was misb. I immediately emailed and begged her to sell it to me tonight 9pm eastern. She agreed and I punched it---scooting across the state 35 miles.

Got the item and a few others she had listed...not really deals....but I was planning a money maker on the hero factory so bought her used junk too for another 30 bucks. I was so happy on the way home...stopped and treated myself to a Starbucks caramel iced machiato or whatever...and got one for the wife to cool her off for putting up with my crazy hobby.

So get home and show the wife, and she said my son already has that guy...what is so special about him? Then I looked at the box..and I wasn't sure why it was so valuable. Punched up bp and she was shocked that it was worth so much and immediately went to my sons collection...as we were going to list both as used was almost the same price.

Went on eBay to list them for a quick payday...scanned the box and started to prefill...selected a buy it now and started typing in $109 and eBay suggested a bin of just $14. Yeah right! I kept filling in the info...then I pulled my tablet while I was mid-listing on the phone to see where the last ones sold at. 14, 15. WTF!?!?

I feel burgled, thwurtled, by a fish...like the cat in hat song....I was listening to for the ride. Luckily my wife went up to bed....I am NOT telling her this---just going to stuff them in the back of my closet and hope she never asks me what they sold for.

I am such a shmoozler, a schmingler and a poo poobler too! Got those darn cat in the hat songs stuck in my head now!

Brother Macks....can you please fix lego number 2231.....value is a bit off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X70iQVdvfg

post-14194-0-19869900-1381628293_thumb.j

• Like 1

Man......I learned my lesson tonight! Hard style!

Saw a hero factory guy I wasn't familiar with on Craig's for 15 bucks. Punched it up on bp as always to see what value was. I did a triple take---checked the part number and picture and description. It was showing worth 120 new...and this one was misb. I immediately emailed and begged her to sell it to me tonight 9pm eastern. She agreed and I punched it---scooting across the state 35 miles.

Got the item and a few others she had listed...not really deals....but I was planning a money maker on the hero factory so bought her used junk too for another 30 bucks. I was so happy on the way home...stopped and treated myself to a Starbucks caramel iced machiato or whatever...and got one for the wife to cool her off for putting up with my crazy hobby.

So get home and show the wife, and she said my son already has that guy...what is so special about him? Then I looked at the box..and I wasn't sure why it was so valuable. Punched up bp and she was shocked that it was worth so much and immediately went to my sons collection...as we were going to list both as used was almost the same price.

Went on eBay to list them for a quick payday...scanned the box and started to prefill...selected a buy it now and started typing in $109 and eBay suggested a bin of just $14. Yeah right! I kept filling in the info...then I pulled my tablet while I was mid-listing on the phone to see where the last ones sold at. 14, 15. WTF!?!?

I feel burgled, thwurtled, by a fish...like the cat in hat song....I was listening to for the ride. Luckily my wife went up to bed....I am NOT telling her this---just going to stuff them in the back of my closet and hope she never asks me what they sold for.

I am such a shmoozler, a schmingler and a poo poobler too! Got those darn cat in the hat songs stuck in my head now!

Brother Macks....can you please fix lego number 2231.....value is a bit off

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-X70iQVdvfg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-X70iQVdvfg

I suppose it could always be worse - you could have paid $50 for it!  You'll likely get most of your money back, but will be out time, effort and gas.

We live to Brickpick another day...

You were going to sell your son's Lego? Karma, dude. Karma.

lol...isn't that the truth. In defense of willy, I have been tempted to do the same a few times. A couple of years ago I gave my son an AT-AT from my stash for Christmas. They are going for over $200 easy these days, and the one he received has been sitting on his lego table untouched for the past 18 months collecting dust. I just gave the kids one of my haunted houses last week for them to build together and put on display in our living room with other other Halloween decorations. I am sure I will regret that decision a few years from now as well. As long as they have a little fun I guess that's all that matters.

Willy's experience is why I always check eBay sold listings as well as brickpicker data before I commit to a purchase. Live and learn.