Dear Ed Mack....How much has this site grown in the last year?

First, thanks for creating this AWESOME site.  I have been investing only since January 2012.  I'm curious as to how many new members you have added since that time.  And maybe even each year before that.  The reason I ask is because there is so much talk about market saturation and influx of new investors.  So I figured that you are the one who would see how much growth there has been in the last 1-2 years.

If you can share this information that would be great!  If not, that's ok too!

Mu guess paying attention to the site - the numbers on the side usually show about 300 people or so per week who have joined. 52* 300 is 15,600. So probably around 15K new members.

From my experience with my companies website - 20% or so of members actually stay around and about 3-5% actually contribute.

In all honesty, besides my self, in the time I have been here I can only name a few members that have joined and now become a large part of the community. Justafrog, Alcarin, Scizzorino, etc.

I always look at it like this.  Most members join and leave.  Either because of changed interests, lack of success, or a variety of other things.  We don't hear from most new members.  If you look around, you will see a lot of regulars though.

True.  I love the Facebook model, "we have 1 billion members", but 1/2 are duplicate accounts.   I know people that have more than a dozen facebook accounts.

Mu guess paying attention to the site - the numbers on the side usually show about 300 people or so per week who have joined. 52* 300 is 15,600. So probably around 15K new members.

From my experience with my companies website - 20% or so of members actually stay around and about 3-5% actually contribute.

In all honesty, besides my self, in the time I have been here I can only name a few members that have joined and now become a large part of the community. Justafrog, Alcarin, Scizzorino, etc.

Good math work!!  You should be a teacher :)

Like we have said before, everyone doesn't take part in the forums.  There are plenty of people that visit daily and may have zero forum posts.  They are here for information or just reading.  Have we added to the investors, I am sure in some way, but like others have mentioned, most fade away and just continue to be Lego fans.  It's a lot of work to do this the right way and be successful at it.  There are a lot of collectors that just like to see whats going on in the market, looking for good deals and this site is good for that.