Database error and disappearing posts

It might be because of this notice that's posted at the top of every forum page: 

SITE MAINTENANCE NOTICE!!

Just going to give a heads up that one day this week, there will be some site downtime to move the site to a new server. I have been preparing the transition to make it as quick as possible, but I just want to put the word out there that the site may be down for a short time while I move certain files. Thank you!

Might be. Though I feel like that notice has been up for quite some time.

Is it just me or the week passing very slowly?

Everything is not always in my control.  I have to wait sometimes until the host sets things up and that is why things may go up and down.  I am also trying to upgrade my database version as well as move all the code and make sure all files are synched.  Hopefully by tomorrow it will all be switched over.  

Jeff, I am always amazed how you can maintain a full time job, the upkeeping of this site, and your sanity at the same time :)

You didn't know? There have been rumors that a doctor up in New Jersey has been shooting Jeff up with HGH. Unfortunately, Ed hasn't gotten the HGH random drug testing program installed yet, and the Brickpicker's Player Association is fighting back at the decision.

Jeff is the only member of the Brickpicker's Player Association, so it is possible there is a conflict of interest. But you can't deny his productivity.