LEGO Technic 8070 - Super Car Display

Miiru

Hello all.

I recently was as lucky as getting a lego display of the 8070 Super Car.

I'm trying to collect information on how much of a worth it has and how many lego has shipped (i suppose it's not that many cos it is lego technic and a pretty huge thing).

Can anybody of you guys help me out here?

I attached a few pics also :)

post-29163-0-39591000-1381164321_thumb.j

post-29163-0-98682300-1381164294_thumb.j

post-29163-0-10919800-1381164266_thumb.j

post-29163-0-80578900-1381164354_thumb.j

post-29163-0-09469900-1381164381_thumb.j

I am not an expert on displays, but have heard the typical display prices are between $75-$500, with most falling in the $100-300 range.  That said, I'm not sure how easy they are to sell. 

It seems to me most displays are rare as they are almost always shredded, so I would assume most display buyers believe they're purchasing something nearly one of a kind.  The desirability of the set inside likely determines the price you will get for it.

Here's an eBay listing of a Lego Ferrari display sold in 2011 with four Ferrari sets:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140532534927

You'll see the listing sold for $113 before shipping.  $25 for shipping as well.

Good luck-

Hm ok. On the bottom it states 'Showcase Category 1'. I tried to find anything related to the different categories but couldnt find anything.

How would a store get one of those showcases? Can they order them together with aftzer wares to sell?

Guest TabbyBoy

MIB 8070s still mostly selling for under RRP in the UK. Just glad I got my 3 at half price from The Entertainer last year. I'll not invest in Technic again apart from 41999 and the next LE. I hope the display one goes for a good price.

MIB 8070s still mostly selling for under RRP in the UK. Just glad I got my 3 at half price from The Entertainer last year. I'll not invest in Technic again apart from 41999 and the next LE. I hope the display one goes for a good price.

It seems to me that its an EU thing. When looking at ebay, lego technic seems to sell alot more and for more coin in the USA than in Europe.

Guest TabbyBoy

It seems to me that its an EU thing. When looking at ebay, lego technic seems to sell alot more and for more coin in the USA than in Europe.

I work in the UK for a large US airline and luckily we have good personal perks with FedEx to/from the US ;-) but, I'm in no rush to sell if prices are disappointing come Xmas.

Nice display and rare...I'll give you $250 for it.  LOL.  On a serious note, they are worth what someone is willing to pay.  It's really that simple.  Some 4 foot LEGO displays can sell for $300-$500.  Shipping is always the worst part.  Also, you need room to display these because most take up a lot of space.  A small one like this...a value of around $200 or so is fair.  The LEGO store display market is very erratic, but personally, I buy several every month because I love them.  

Nice display and rare...I'll give you $250 for it.  LOL.  On a serious note, they are worth what someone is willing to pay.  It's really that simple.  Some 4 foot LEGO displays can sell for $300-$500.  Shipping is always the worst part.  Also, you need room to display these because most take up a lot of space.  A small one like this...a value of around $200 or so is fair.  The LEGO store display market is very erratic, but personally, I buy several every month because I love them.  

Yea, i won this at a charity auction and i dont really have any space for it to show it off, so my only options are either sell it or keep it till i get a bigger flat/house. Another problem is that the shipping to the USA alone would be already around 50 dollars :/

The new star wars, and coast guard displays are among the best I have ever seen....but I also liked the chima command ship chomper and monster fighters ghost train---so I may have bad taste!

I have both of those.  I'm waiting for these others to become available.

I want that Star Wars one pretty bad. Have a feeling it is going to be a pretty penny though

Same here. I really want all those minifigures in the display.

Agreed. I went as far as asking the employees at the various stores to see if I can get in touch with someone to see if it's possible to obtain one of these beauties. All told me that they will be collected by LEGO's merchandiser to be destroyed. Will just have to wait with a barrel of money for the scarce few to trickled down to the secondary market :hmm: