Need Opinion on Ebay Mistake

Sorry mate but I think it's Your Bad on this one :) the title is not overly clear, but that is really just pedantics. They have put in big letters that it is not complete. And it refers to photos of the item showing the missing bag....or rather not showing it.

We can quibble about the layout, but every seller is different. And we can quibble about the definition of 'new', this site's definition is different to many sellers. But we're the educated ones :P

Pay up. Ebay's buyer protection won't work for you here. It was clearly stated that the set was missing pieces and that is what ebay will stand with. Want to know how I know?

Wrong! The item was listed as "new" - a brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item. Not only listed as new in the title but also in the item description. Clearly the item was opened otherwise it would not be missing pieces. I would not pay and open a case. Neg the seller if you can.

Since this is the sort of thing that comes up from time to time it may be worth talking about even though the particular case is settled. If title + main photo don't match up with what's in the listing, I'd never consider the buyer at fault. If the title says new but the featured picture shows what elements are missing, sure, you as a seller can at least fall back on that. But if you're a seller and you're deliberately burying the lede, you're asking for the kind of trouble that comes with a SNAD claim, an involuntary refund and a negative feedback for your trouble.