Goblin King battle - 50% off at Canadian Toys R US

jeff_14

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always do. AMEX had a promo last month to spend $500 between August 21 and September 21 to get 1200 bonus air miles. I spent all of that $500 at TRU alone.

At 50%, you can definitely make money on Goblin King if you wait a while after EOL. I just need to sell it for regular price and I make 100% profit.

I always do. AMEX had a promo last month to spend $500 between August 21 and September 21 to get 1200 bonus air miles. I spent all of that at TRU.

At 50%, you can definitely make money on Goblin King if you wait a while after EOL. I just need to sell it for regular price and I make 100% profit.

I still have a stack of Anakin Skywalker and Sebulba's Podracers that I got 50% off lol

1200 is a nice Air Miles promo, wished I took advantage of that.  Been cutting back on spending more on inventory but today I had to bite on the Helms Deep and Goblin Battle haha. 

is this in store only?

Seapotato...this Helms Deep price is cheaper than the Amazon sale a while back, even with potential discount on top for damaged boxes.  If you need one or more Helms Deep I suggest you buy from TRU today. 

It has been EOL for awile!

haha, I'm sure a lot of members are 'stuck' with the Podracers.  Luckily I managed to sell ONE on Amazon few weeks back.  Still have 3-4 more to off load :P 

Update - The Helms Deep is also on for half price. Might get a few of those as well.

Yeah, I bought theHelms Deep first...pretty confident this will do better than Goblin.  50% off even for CAN prices you can't go wrong. 

thx for the headsup on helms deep. might grab one or two. not sure about goblin king though - it's such an ugly set lol. maybe will get one...

how is the shipping from TRU? do they actually ship in boxes or do they just slap a sticker onto the lego box to mail?

I haven't bought from TRU online before so we'll find out soon. If there's anything materially wrong I'll open these for personal use and sell the pristine boxes I already have.

haha, I'm sure a lot of members are 'stuck' with the Podracers.  Luckily I managed to sell ONE on Amazon few weeks back.  Still have 3-4 more to off load :P

Yeah, I bought theHelms Deep first...pretty confident this will do better than Goblin.  50% off even for CAN prices you can't go wrong. 

This is a great price on helms Deep!  Does anyone know off hand if the Helms Deep is available in Store at this price?  If so I may run down there at lunch and grab one lol  I'd rather select the box condition off the shelf than roll the dice with TRU shipping :P  Not that I've had issues with TRU shipping, but you just never know.

This is a great price on helms Deep!  Does anyone know off hand if the Helms Deep is available in Store at this price?  If so I may run down there at lunch and grab one lol  I'd rather select the box condition off the shelf than roll the dice with TRU shipping :P  Not that I've had issues with TRU shipping, but you just never know.

Not sure. The Goblin King set is listed in the physical flyer, but not the Helms Deep.

This is a great price on helms Deep!  Does anyone know off hand if the Helms Deep is available in Store at this price?  If so I may run down there at lunch and grab one lol  I'd rather select the box condition off the shelf rather than roll the dice with TRU shipping :P  Not that I've had issues with TRU shipping, but you just never know.

I usually see it in stores...but to be safe I would just order online first.  Can always return.  yeah, it's a good price for sure on such a nice set.  So glad I didn't buy it $169 CAN - 20% promo's earlier this year year haha. 

I haven't bought from TRU online before so we'll find out soon. If there's anything materially wrong I'll open these for personal use and sell the pristine boxes I already have.

I have bought from TRU online many times...I would say, 95% of the time I'm happy with box shape/condition or maybe I've just been lucky.  Sometimes they leave it at my door and sometimes they leave a sticker and I have to pick it up at the local Purolator office which I don't mind.  Hoping my 5 Helms Deep and 2 Goblins are in decent shape. 

thx for the headsup on helms deep. might grab one or two. not sure about goblin king though - it's such an ugly set lol. maybe will get one...

how is the shipping from TRU? do they actually ship in boxes or do they just slap a sticker onto the lego box to mail?

Yeah, the GKB doesn't really interest me but I couldn't resist the price...there's a lot of mini figs also.  Just hoping this set will retire quietly...with another 1-2 Hobbit movies coming out I'm betting this will eventually go up in value.  Even if you resold it for retail price after EOL, that's decent profit.  Wishful thinking this will become another Harry Potter, but you never know.  

TRU usually ships with Purolator for me.  Never really have a problem with boxes.  Yes, they ship inside another box.      

I bought separate combos of 1 GK and 1 HD in order to maximize the free air miles. Shipping was absolutely free. If you spend $100 or more you should get free shipping. You also get free shipping if you buy any 4 lego sets - this is aimed at small sets since you already get free shipping if you crack $100.