Jump to content

21021 - Marina Bay Sands and 21057 - Singapore Architecture sets.


Noodlenut
 Share

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

The December calendar is out and doesn't look like any GWP other than a Santa poly.  Also, If you are still holding MBS, and I doubt that anyone is, now would be a good time to sell. The remake looks good. 

I'm not too worried as a 21021 MBS owner.  Seems to be "worth" over $900 still going by completed NISB sales.  might lose $100 or so but not a direct remake as most sets (10188 death star, many batcaves) 

This new 21057 Singapore skyline themed set looks nice though.   

I'll pickup the new set for comparison pics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

The December calendar is out and doesn't look like any GWP other than a Santa poly.  Also, If you are still holding MBS, and I doubt that anyone is, now would be a good time to sell. The remake looks good. 

This is the perfect excuse to finally build mine. Not that I need one, but still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the perfect excuse to finally build mine. Not that I need one, but still.

You have an NISB 21021 MBS? If yes. Nice.

I had to create my 21021 from individual purchases & Lego support. Cost me about $130 in total. Was very surprised to find a little damaged box w/ instructions on eBay for $20 that [mention=31269]Pseudoty[/mention] linked here & I jumped on it. Ended up getting my printed tile directly from Lego. Around that time, counterfeiters we’re getting really good w/ printed tiles :(
If I recall correctly (been a while), they were coming out of Florida and Delaware according to bricklink listings.

8c523e4c236f8477f2e3dff1b2108c50.jpg

c27995864b1f42225d9d47ab4baf5b17.jpg

271cfe109658e2d3693e21365a70383b.jpg

b357d3d1e7d6eb580423a5193285945b.jpg

eedb7cf85d5b768358fef37f3dfae712.jpg

5f1e70ee3dcb887d0da5f8d942b9258b.jpg
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Around that time, counterfeiters we’re getting really good w/ printed tiles :(
If I recall correctly (been a while), they were coming out of Florida and Delaware according to bricklink listings.

So what are you trying to say 🤣

The source of the counterfeit tiles that were printed on actual lego elements were from France.  It was a third party company that lego had contracted with to make personalized names on minifigure soccer jerseys IIRC.  They had the correct font and were also selling individual letters.

As far as the build I think I remember being impressed by the elevators but it has been so long. I sold mine for crazy money years ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

So what are you trying to say 🤣

The source of the counterfeit tiles that were printed on actual lego elements were from France.  It was a third party company that lego had contracted with to make personalized names on minifigure soccer jerseys IIRC.  They had the correct font and were also selling individual letters.

As far as the build I think I remember being impressed by the elevators but it has been so long. I sold mine for crazy money years ago. 

Oh yes. France. How the heck can I forgot about France. It was France and Florida from what I saw.  There was someone in Del. selling ‘fake’ tiles though.  Not many but had a few.

Yes. Not you. 
 

for my set,  I kept the Lego paperwork that came w/ the tile just in case if needed when eventually selling it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jaisonline said:


You have an NISB 21021 MBS? If yes. Nice.

I had to create my 21021 from individual purchases & Lego support. Cost me about $130 in total. Was very surprised to find a little damaged box w/ instructions on eBay for $20 that [mention=31269]Pseudoty[/mention] linked here & I jumped on it. Ended up getting my printed tile directly from Lego. Around that time, counterfeiters we’re getting really good w/ printed tiles :(
If I recall correctly (been a while), they were coming out of Florida and Delaware according to bricklink listings.

Yeah, had father in law buy one on taobao. When I was asked if I wanted more, I said "oh no, one is fine." I recorded that I paid around $59 for it. lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, vasp said:
On Amazon. No limit if anyone wants to wipe them out.

 


New set isn’t worth MSRP. Wait until a -20% sale if not in a hurry.

Regarding the Marina Bay Sands part of the build…

The original set is bigger and better build. Granted, the newer set looks better with the extra colors, foliage and buildings around it.
Maybe LEGO will do a proper refresh of MBS in a future set.

note: pics below are missing one 4 by 4 circle plate / element on the older set.  i forgot it in the box.  
23428bc7877aa0c855efb75b27b1c021.jpg
b8370267af4dd796da2c1491829a8b12.jpg
28437416bda1924c0566b1fa5d2f441d.jpg
e79b6ae03b743524e6bcf90b5e510992.jpg

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...