Looking for Dedicated Deal Hunters

Jeff Mack

This has been brought up in the past and I have let it slip away, but a good post by Comicblast the other day made me think about it again.  Some of you are already hunting and locating nice deals on a daily basis and sometimes several times a day.  For now I am not looking to do anything too fancy.  I will create a new forum group in the Special Deals section for a small group of Brickpicker members that are interesting in scouring Amazon, eBay, anywhere and posting deals.  Pretty much it will be a new forum post a day, much like what Comic Blast had there.  It can just be called Daily Lego Deals 9/20/2013, etc.   The members will be able to edit the main post and add new listings whenever they come across a good deal.  A better solution can come in the future, but for now people will know where to find it and create it easily.

The bonus for you deal scavengers will be that Ed and I will reward you with Brickpoints for your help.  We will come up with a plan that can work for everyone once we know the amount of people that are interested in helping. Comicblast is already on board, I reached out to him after his post and he is ready to get going.  

CURRENT DEAL HUNTERS:

1. Comicblast
  2. DoNotInsertIntoMouth
  3. exciter1
  4. Coneil21

Guest TabbyBoy

This is another feature I would pay for if y'all ever decide on a premium membership area. Big value-added for the rest of us to have experienced deal-sniffers finding and reporting on these in one easy-to-check location.

Good idea.  I don't mind paying a little bit if it means that the "Average Joe" has to look harder for deals than we do.  Luckily my job is quiet at the moment so I have time to trawl Amazon, eBay and various UK toy shops but, things will be getting busy for me soon.

Guest TabbyBoy

i often search for newly listed BIN items for pricing mistakes.  For themes that I'm not interested in, I put -<themename> in the search field.  For example... If I don't want chima, I'll type "lego -chima".  I also set price level to