Pinball

TheOrcKing

I preordered Predator two years ago. Supposedly its in production now and should ship in the fall. Not crazy about them showing off a second game before the first is even done (which I already paid for in full)

I agree as it doesn't appear very professional to already display a preview for the next game when the first hasn't been shipped out yet. There have been a lot of events lately all over the place and hopefully they should pull through in the end.

I agree as it doesn't appear very professional to already display a preview for the next game when the first hasn't been shipped out yet. There have been a lot of events lately all over the place and hopefully they should pull through in the end.

I understand why they are doing it. They can't sell any more Predators (the license caps it at 250 games) so they need to keep their name out there. It better be good because that theme is awful. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have nostalgia for pinball machines, myself. When my parents drug me to the bar (waaaayy too often), that was the way I entertained myself - pinball and Pac-Man. I've always wanted the original X-Files machine for myself. Some day I may get it in my home!

I would love that 2015 Mustang machine, though, too.

• Like 1

I have nostalgia for pinball machines, myself. When my parents drug me to the bar (waaaayy too often), that was the way I entertained myself - pinball and Pac-Man.

There was a drive-in theater around me that my family went to as a child and it had a small arcade right by where you would get the popcorn and stuff. I either was playing whatever pinball machine the place had for the moment or usually the Mr. Do! machine. I loved that game and I can't believe it took me forever to find out what the name was since I couldn't remember it.

I've always wanted the original X-Files machine for myself. Some day I may get it in my home!

I did come across that one like maybe once but it was trippy.

I would love that 2015 Mustang machine, though, too.

It is a nice one, isn't it? There was a pinball based around Corvette years ago and now Mustang. I want to see a Chevy pinball myself. Anyway, here's a clip showcasing some gameplay followed by an interesting tachometer mod.

Okay, you guys are not going to believe this. (Or maybe you will.) A new group of pinheads based in the Netherlands calling themselves Silver Castle Pinball will take on one of the most fantastical challenges to date. They are attempting to replicate a virtual machine from what is quite possibly the best simulator series ever known and make it into a real working pinball. From the classic Pro Pinball video games, welcome to Timeshock!.

The original video game digital table

0.jpg

3D renders of the planned physical pinball

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

New playfield art

1.jpg

Whitewood - first stage with most of the ramps, targets, and pop bumpers

22.jpg

27.jpg

Whitewood - second stage

33.jpg

A render of the WIP crystal mechanism

9.jpg

Crystal mechanism prototype in motion

I for one have always dreamed of seeing this and the other Pro Pinball tables being built in real life. Now the company is saying that a few odd things need to be altered to actually work but it is mainly a few aesthetics and couple of mechanical bits that there really isn't room for but so far the results don't appear to be much different than the source. No word as to how long the project will take or what the team's next one is. However, they did state they would like to tackle the other pinballs such as The Web, Big Race USA, and Fantastic Journey. The Web is one I want to see personally.

Save $1,000 and free shipping. Not too shabby. Only three left in stock at the time of this post with "more on the way".

http://www.flippermuzeum.hu/en/

Pinball museum in Budapest, 130 machines playable for the flat rate entrance fee. Let's drool, guys!

exhibition_area2-beaed132a0.jpg

My god! Wish I knew about this museum when I was there a couple years ago!!!

This is an excellent thread TOK! I'm not a pinhead to the extent that you guys are but I grew up on pinballs and I can appreciate them for what they are... beautiful works of art!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now it seems I can add to the post above with Stern's next table of The Walking Dead based on the hit TV show that really does not need an introduction of any sort. So far two models of a Pro and Premium edition have been announced. Although these images are not of particularly good quality, they give a decent glimpse of what shall soon be. Soon pinheads will be deadheads. :)

Pro Model

3.jpg

2.jpg

Premium Edition

4.jpg

1.jpg

I got an update from skit b on predator. They started production and games should start shipping in November. My game is #65 so hoping to have it before Christmas.

Glad to hear things are moving along.

Walking dead looks pretty good. I don't watch the show but may be a pin I get.

The artwork especially across the playfield seems very busy but the machine looks interesting.

Great thread! I cannot pass up an opportunity to play pinball EVER! I'm not a hardcore pinhead, but I am really glad it is coming back.

I was the kid playing Judge Dredd instead of shooting pool like my friends back in the mid-90s. Memories.

I love pinball in every way, shape, or form. Unfortunately the only arcades around me are a couple of bowling alleys and all they feature are regular games. I turn towards Future Pinball to get my fix through the digital realm which is free and able to create user content with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice thread guys! My best friend bought the F-14 Tom Cat pinball machine a few months ago. Freakin' Awesome! Makes me want to own one as well. I am especially curious about the Soprano's Pinball Machine. I would like to own one. Is it good? Anyone owning this one or played it?

Sopranos is fun. I had a friend that owned one for a while. I wish I had bought it when he sold. The one downside is if you have kids it's not really appropriate. 

I ordered The Walking Dead, should be here in two weeks. Lego money helped pay for it! 

• Like 1