Investing or no?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-UCS-B-Wing-10227-Ultimate-Collector-Series-B-Wing-New-Sealed-/330787276601?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item4d04754739 Is it safe to say people that buy sets at prices like this are not in it for investing? I guess people actually build these LEGO things, never heard of the concept myself lol

That's a new set that became available today. That little f**ker is selling it at $60 over MSRP just because he got them first. LEGO Shop at Home has got it now available for $199 and you even get a free TC-14. The guys that bought it for $250+ sill be kicking themselves in a little while.

That's a new set that became available today.

That little f**ker is selling it at $60 over MSRP just because he got them first.

S@H has got it now available for $199 and you even get a free TC-14.

The guys that bought it for $250+ sill be kicking themselves in a little while.

Yeah all the Lego investors know all about sets and when they become available, This happens with all the new sets coming out, I saw people paying 250.00+ for jabbas palace pre orders on ebay. That is why I think the people who buy these are not investors!

I noticed that this seller ships internationally and that leads me to believe that a lot of these sales are to people in countries like Australia where Lego prices are astronomical. Even these inflated prices set by eBay sellers are a good deal to international buyers. Makes me think about doing the same kind of thing. Anyone here have any luck selling sets to international buyers and if so what tips do you have for the rest of us? :)

I noticed that this seller ships internationally and that leads me to believe that a lot of these sales are to people in countries like Australia where Lego prices are astronomical. Even these inflated prices set by eBay sellers are a good deal to international buyers. Makes me think about doing the same kind of thing. Anyone here have any luck selling sets to international buyers and if so what tips do you have for the rest of us? :)

I cannot speak from experience but looking at the Ebays Forums the one country you do not want to ship to is Italy.......thread after thread from sellers saying they will never ship to Italy, hope this helps a little.

I cannot speak from experience but looking at the Ebays Forums the one country you do not want to ship to is Italy.......thread after thread from sellers saying they will never ship to Italy, hope this helps a little.

Do not ship Lego to Italy - They have a crazy outdated import rule where customs will confiscate & destroy any "toys not made wholly of wood" & it is enforced.

You gotta love a true AFOL. They really want that set and will pay for it. I believe a lot of the sets sold on EBAY for more than MSRP are going to International Buyers. A situation like this, it is probably just some big time UCS STAR WARS fans that want the set badly and has the money to pay for it.