So what are people buying to get their Mini VWs?

CNH1974

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got another free VW van and clone trooper by buying the new Jango Fett and Darth Maul sets, plus 3 of the Halloween 3 figure sets (zombie, witch, and ghost) and one of the 3 figure surfer sets in store. The 3 figure sets were all 25% off, and I was very pleasantly surprised to see they even had any Halloween sets. Naturally I took them all.

Got another 5 of the 3 figure Halloween set (zombie, witch, ghost) for $12 each at the Lego Store today, half of what the current market value is. Also got a few series 10 figures to earn a VW polybag.

Now here's the kicker. When I spent $75 at 2 different lego stores earlier this month ($50 of which was for Star Wars lego), I got the clone lieutenant and the camper. When I tried to do the same thing at this lego store, I was told I could only get the camper. I said that I had got both at 2 different stores and they said that that was contrary to "policy" and that they would call those stores. Eeeep. Should have kept my mouth shut.

My first 2 VW poly bags sold within 24 hrs of when I listed them on Amazon - cleared ~$23 after fees and shipping for the pair. Not bad at all. The clone trooper poly hasn't sold yet, may need to drop the price a bit. . .anyway, can't beat free for reselling so I'm still looking to get both on my orders. The cycle for the CC I use for LEGO Shop at Home  purchases reset over the weekend so I was ready to get in some more orders and they are:

Order #3: Starhopper, 3x 30242, Dragon Mtn (to get extra 50 VIP points) - nets both polys (clone trooper and VW van)

Order #4: 2x Halloween accessory, 3x 30242 Republic frigate polys, 5x AT-ST & Endor planets (I think these will double in value at Christmas time) - total before tax was just under $76 to net both polys

Order #5: Another starhopper and another 9494, get both polys

Order #6: 2x halloween set, 5x each of the Friends Series 3 animals on sale, only got the VW poly on this one

What usually happens is that TLG decides to sell the polybag about six months after the promo has ended. I think it will appreciate if the is not a reissue.

I have never seen this happen. The store near me sometimes has a lot of leftovers and they have never sold any of them. They definitely can't sell the single Star Wars minifigure polybags as that violates their licensing agreement.

I have never seen this happen. The store near me sometimes has a lot of leftovers and they have never sold any of them. They definitely can't sell the single Star Wars minifigure polybags as that violates their licensing agreement.

Lego did that over here recently, a reissue that is. On polybag 30213, the UK eBay price immediately dropped by 40%.

What I mean is that some of the promos become actually polybags sold at LEGO Shop at Home. I saw this with the 30242 poly bag. It was a promo earlier in the year, now it is being sold at LEGO Shop at Home. There are many other examples if this.

What I mean is that some of the promos become actually polybags sold at LEGO Shop at Home. I saw this with the 30242 poly bag. It was a promo earlier in the year, now it is being sold at LEGO Shop at Home. There are many other examples if this.

I just don't see this as being a possibility for this polybag on a large scale at all. It's just too popular for them to have so many left over. Sure a few stores might have them left and do different things with including sell them or sub them for another promo polybag that they run out of but I figure this is the polybag promo that they are substituting other polybags for because they ran out of the Camper.