Fall 2013 LEGO Catalog

Ed Mack

Well here is bad news on the 10% Coupon that comes with the Fall Catalog.

Discount is valid on one item only in one transaction only. Discount cannot be applied to the value of gift cards purchased, out of stock or back ordered items. The LEGO Store reserves the right to exclude other items - see Store for details. Discount is not valid on any applicable tax or shipping costs and cannot be used for phone orders, online orders or Shop & Ship orders...Discount may not apply to Exclusives, LEGO Mindstorms and LEGO Hard to Find items.

Well here is bad news on the 10% Coupon that comes with the Fall Catalog.

Discount is valid on one item only in one transaction only. Discount cannot be applied to the value of gift cards purchased, out of stock or back ordered items. The LEGO Store reserves the right to exclude other items - see Store for details. Discount is not valid on any applicable tax or shipping costs and cannot be used for phone orders, online orders or Shop & Ship orders...Discount may not apply to Exclusives, LEGO Mindstorms and LEGO Hard to Find items.

Yowza!  That almost doesn't sound like a coupon at all.

So I guess the question is: are there any non-exclusives that cannot be regularly purchased at below-MSRP outside of the Lego store?

(10% is 10% and with the two freebies available I'll still take it for something non-exclusive, but it does knock out a couple of the front-runners I was thinking of the coupon for.)

Edited to add: And what the heck does "MAY not apply to exclusives etc." mean anyway? Depends on which way the wind's blowing that day? If the store manager's in a good mood? Or what?

Well here is bad news on the 10% Coupon that comes with the Fall Catalog.Discount is valid on one item only in one transaction only. Discount cannot be applied to the value of gift cards purchased, out of stock or back ordered items. The LEGO Store reserves the right to exclude other items - see Store for details. Discount is not valid on any applicable tax or shipping costs and cannot be used for phone orders, online orders or Shop & Ship orders...Discount may not apply to Exclusives, LEGO Mindstorms and LEGO Hard to Find items.

The fine print will always getcha!

Lego just started the Exclusive and hard to find Policy with the 10% Coupon.

Hang on, are we sure this doesn't apply to Exclusives? The text above says "Discount may not apply to Exclusives, Mindstorms and Hard to Find items". That doesn't sound like there's a worldwide ban on using the 10% off coupon for Exclusives. I would guess that if this is the policy, it gives the decision to the local Lego store manager.

I would suggest calling the Lego Store first to see if they will accept the coupon for Exclusives. I would be willing to wager the one near me will accept the coupons for Exclusives as the store manager tends to be accommodating where she can be.

Anyone notice that the fall Catalog has the 21018 United Nations Headquarters?!

I've looked and this is the first info about it that I've seen since the pictures were leaked months ago. It still isn't listed on the website or in-store, even with an a simple availability date.