Brickpicker Member LEGO Set Reviews

Ed Mack

In addition to the various LEGO set reviews that we do on the site, Jeff and I will be giving the opportunity to Brickpicker members to add their opinions on each and every set in the database. The review section is something we have tinkered around with for awhile and we are still in the process of developing it. We would like to have your input into what is important to you when you look at a LEGO set review. Right now, it looks like there will be a basic template for you to check off various "bullet points." There will also be a section to add a paragraph or two of text that is your personalized opinion on the set. What we need from you is what you would like to see graded or rated by members. Of course there will be the basics like pieces, playability, value...that sort of thing. But what I want ideas on is how do you want to rate the sets from an "investment" point of view, as well as the traditional ratings. Things like rating theme, geared towards children/adults, price per piece, special pieces, rare pieces/minifigures, minifigure count...whatever. Give us some ideas of categories or particulars that are important to you when you look at a set for investment purposes and we will try to incorporate them into the system. Thanks...

I'd like to see a price comparison with global prices.

Mainly, GBP/EUR/AUD/CAD/SGD/JPY

Then we can see how much difference stuff goes for around the world.

For MSRP/retail prices or current prices like we show in our price guide page? If it's the latter, we only buy EBAY Terapeak data from the United States, so it would be impossible to get data from EBAY Europe unless we pay a very large amount of money for the data...and at this moment, it is not practical or prudent for us to do this.

For MSRP/retail prices or current prices like we show in our price guide page? If it's the latter, we only buy EBAY Terapeak data from the United States, so it would be impossible to get data from EBAY Europe unless we pay a very large amount of money for the data...and at this moment, it is not practical or prudent for us to do this.

Yup, I meant for MSRP. Costs aside, do you think adding the other region's ebay data would change values much? The US ebay probably conducts most of the global transactions already and is a good representative of the prices people are willing to pay.

Yup, I meant for MSRP. Costs aside, do you think adding the other region's ebay data would change values much? The US ebay probably conducts most of the global transactions already and is a good representative of the prices people are willing to pay. That might be something we can add to the Set/Price Guide page, instead of the member's review section.

As for the EBAY data, you are correct. The US EBAY market is approximately equivalent to most of the other markets combined, so we think it gives us enough data to come up with accurate figures for the LEGO sets.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It would be great if there was a 1-10 rating for various points, and then an "overall rating" that averages those points. I really like the idea to be able to add comments to each set. I find it valuable to find a little write-up on the sets that you have previously reviewed, so it would be nice to have more opinions on sets going forward.

It would be great if there was a 1-10 rating for various points, and then an "overall rating" that averages those points. I really like the idea to be able to add comments to each set.

I find it valuable to find a little write-up on the sets that you have previously reviewed, so it would be nice to have more opinions on sets going forward.

Yes, that is going to happen at some point. Content is great for the site.