Do you Display boxed sets?

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you display boxed sets

• No I display everything
    • I display boxes behind my sets
    • I displayed boxed sets I may sell or open eventually
    • I displayed boxed sets I will never open or sell.

That brings me to another question (maybe a different thread?), Does everyone keep the opened boxes? How do they store them? 

As a lover of packaging, I have a difficult time breaking them down and storing them flat, and I often put the pieces back into ziplocks and back into the original box...

Hell, I can't even throw away the ripped poly bags inside my daughter's Friends sets, let alone the actual boxes. 

The only box I've ever gotten rid of after my dark period is the spare Ninjago game box.  It made for an excellent birthday gift box.

That brings me to another question (maybe a different thread?), Does everyone keep the opened boxes? How do they store them? 

As a lover of packaging, I have a difficult time breaking them down and storing them flat, and I often put the pieces back into ziplocks and back into the original box...

Hell, I can't even throw away the ripped poly bags inside my daughter's Friends sets, let alone the actual boxes. 

The only box I've ever gotten rid of after my dark period is the spare Ninjago game box.  It made for an excellent birthday gift box.

I keep them. Breaking them down is the best. I actually did a blog about how having the box improves value later if you ever sell them:

http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/28/entry-271-should-i-throw-away-the-box-to-the-set-i-just-opened/

I do throw away the smaller ones. I haven't broke too many down just because I can stuff 5 others in a big box and it works about the same.

I did not save any of my boxes from my childhood collection and regret it. So now I save all my boxes - I flatten them out and save them in those 2XL ziploc bags (even the large ones like Jabba palace slide in fine.

The worst boxes to save are actually the smallest sets like battle packs because they don't have the easy to flatten boxes with seals on both ends - I have to use scissors to carefully separate the box at the seams.

I keep them. Breaking them down is the best. I actually did a blog about how having the box improves value later if you ever sell them:

http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/28/entry-271-should-i-throw-away-the-box-to-the-set-i-just-opened/

I do throw away the smaller ones. I haven't broke too many down just because I can stuff 5 others in a big box and it works about the same.

I thought I remembered something like this around here, but couldn't find it.  Thanks for the link!

I want to live in this room by the way. Just tremendous.

And thanks again!

I did not save any of my boxes from my childhood collection and regret it. So now I save all my boxes - I flatten them out and save them in those 2XL ziploc bags (even the large ones like Jabba palace slide in fine.

The worst boxes to save are actually the smallest sets like battle packs because they don't have the easy to flatten boxes with seals on both ends - I have to use scissors to carefully separate the box at the seams.

Those are some great tips.  I still feel weird flattening them completely, but trying to store empty boxes is driving me a bit bonkers.  They're destined for damage that way for sure.