Toys R Us Price Match

fastlane

Toys R Us announced Wednesday that it would expand its price-match guarantee to include online retailers including Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Target.com and BestBuy.com, among others. The aim, according to the release, "Removing any doubt before holiday shopping begins in earnest that customers are receiving the best available prices."

Perhaps this means there won't be any more over MSRP!

• Like 1

That's interesting. I believe they have a policy, though, that they can only price match and not add any other offers. So when they do their bogo50% and mark up the prices 25% - you wind up still paying regular price by either making use of the price match or using their bogo50% offer. It's still a good policy in that we now have another source to buy a product at the same price, which could increase competition resulting in lower prices.

Wasn't there an online retailer selling the Exclusives and Hard to Find stuff at about 30% off? I think some people bought from them and realized they were bogus and got their money back. I think I clicked on their site through a link on Ebay. Can't remember the name though...grrrrr.

Wasn't there an online retailer selling the Exclusives and Hard to Find stuff at about 30% off? I think some people bought from them and realized they were bogus and got their money back. I think I clicked on their site through a link on Ebay. Can't remember the name though...grrrrr.

Sadly discounts like that are 99% of the time signs of a scam of some sort. When I see offers like that, I just pass them up by default. Maybe I`ve missed a couple legit ones, but I sure as heck haven`t fallen for any. Would be nice if it were easier to get discount on things like TB more often though. 

Sadly discounts like that are 99% of the time signs of a scam of some sort. When I see offers like that, I just pass them up by default. Maybe I`ve missed a couple legit ones, but I sure as heck haven`t fallen for any. Would be nice if it were easier to get discount on things like TB more often though. 

Yeah...i agree. It made me upset that Ebay had a link to that sight from theirs. Seems like they should vet it at least a little bit. But I was bringing this up because couldn't we then get TRU to price match this site? I don't know firsthand that it isn't legit (not going to purchase from them) but they COULD be.

My TRU has always price matched Amazon. I guess it was each manager's discretion if other TRUs weren't doing it.

But yeah, no additional discounts were allowed. One time I got 2 unimogs price matched to TRU online, plus the bogo. But that was just because the manager was in a good mood.

Still, it's nice to know TRU is at least aware of their pricing problems

I guess their "Only price match print ads" policy goes out the window.

Last year, I was able to price match Jabba's Palace with the Wal-Mart website, no problem.  A few weeks later when Wal-Mart had the ad with the $39 City: The Mine sets, they wouldn't price match a .pdf of the print ad.  It was a different clerk and she was stern about not price matching an online ad, etc.  "It must be in a print ad."  I had to drive like 300 yards to the Wal-Mart next door and return 3 minutes later with the print ad to get the price match.  I did get it, luckily, since TRU later started denying the price match, saying it was a mistake.

Toys R Us announced Wednesday that it would expand its price-match guarantee to include online retailers including Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Target.com and BestBuy.com, among others. The aim, according to the release, "Removing any doubt before holiday shopping begins in earnest that customers are receiving the best available prices."

Perhaps this means there won't be any more over MSRP!

I was at TRU yesterday price matching and they wouldn't to Walmart.com  When did this policy go into effect???

Also, no way will they lower their in store prices because a lot of people don't price check and just buy the sets.  I saw a woman buy a train the other day for $20 over MSRP.

I was at TRU yesterday price matching and they wouldn't to Walmart.com  When did this policy go into effect???

Also, no way will they lower their in store prices because a lot of people don't price check and just buy the sets.  I saw a woman buy a train the other day for $20 over MSRP.

Only $20 over MSRP????  I didn't know TRU had trains on sale!!!!

I hear Target won't even price KMart?

I believe so. I don't remember reading anything stating otherwise. It is a little sad how small and dismal Kmart has become. I do remember shopping at the one around me when I was a child and it was a good store really. Ahh, such is life and business.... :resent:

• 4 weeks later...