Ebay selling tip

I'll use .99 auctions just to move product and (hopefully) build my seller rating. Some folks out there have gotten some real steals from me. Of course, 30% of them still can't be bothered to leave feedback.

Also, it helps get me closer to that magic number of 100 sales in a year so I can qualify for top rated status. Maybe it'll pay off in the end...

Guest betsy805

do you guys offer free shipping for the item you sell or do you let the buyers pay for it? 

I sell a lot of minifigures and don't offer free shipping.  It encourages them to buy more than one item as I'll combine shipping.  Another thought is that if you offer free shipping, you generally would charge extra for the base price which seems like it would discourage some people who are scrolling through.

We only do "free" shipping. It reduces the DSRs you can be rated against...you get an automatic "5 stars" for S&**** charges.

^That.

And as Emes' quotation marks indicate, it's not really free - it just gets embedded in the item price.

Also, for those who get the Top Rated Seller Plus 20% discount, that applies to the item price only -- so if you offer "free" shipping, you're getting a little extra discount because the shipping's not separated out.

Also, for those who get the Top Rated Seller Plus 20% discount, that applies to the item price only -- so if you offer "free" shipping, you're getting a little extra discount because the shipping's not separated out.

I'm sure they're out there, but I'd think it would be really hard to get and maintain Top Rated doing anything other than free shipping. There will always be someone that gives you a low DSR for shipping and handling charges no matter how realistic the charge is...

We just hide it from them and make some money on it and everyone is happy.

Guest betsy805

You guys/gals may have swayed me to try the free shipping for my sets....didn't know about the 20% being only off the purchase price!  Just got the top-rated last month....did a happy dance.