Is this the origin of Brick Classifieds?

M.O.D.O.K.

Here is something I found proposed by IrishGuy66 while digging through Site Improvements and Questions a while ago:

"Something that could be useful for brickpicker is online auctioning on here. Just think some investor gets a deal on a QAR so to speak, and he wants to make some quick cash, but also wants it to go to a good home. And there's also a collector on here who's been looking for that, so he goes in the auction, and bids against other collectors. You could really make a bit of an income with this for site improvement. All you have to do is charge less than eBay. Members on here are always complaining how eBay is always taking too much of their hard earned dough. Just thought I'd drop this idea off, IrishGuy out."

"Wait a minute..... that's perfect!! You could take the Brickfolio to a whole new level with that. The seller could type in what he got it for then however long he keeps it gets put in there, and finally when he decides to auction it off the system could calculate his profits and gains!! You could also have bidders history and all sorts of great stuff!!! Bidders with tons of buys could start getting like VIP points, and stuff. Then before you know it this would become the Lego site Capitol of the world!!! Just think instead of putting prices for what sets are going for on eBay, you could put what's sets ard going for on brickpicker!! I should be getting paid for this!!"

Ed Mack replied with this:

"Nice idea. But we are eBay affiliates and it is not allowed. We cannot run an auction site or sell items on the site. We can direct people to other sites which sell products. Sorry."

Here is the whole thing:  http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/5-site-improvements-and-questions/page-11

I am posting this because I think that it is cool that the idea was proposed in January by a member, and I would like to know why the Mack's changed their minds about starting BP's own auction site.  Please don't kill me for posting this anybody, and I would love to hear the other members responses!  :D

Here is something I found proposed by IrishGuy66 while digging through Site Improvements and Questions a while ago:

"Something that could be useful for brickpicker is online auctioning on here. Just think some investor gets a deal on a QAR so to speak, and he wants to make some quick cash, but also wants it to go to a good home. And there's also a collector on here who's been looking for that, so he goes in the auction, and bids against other collectors. You could really make a bit of an income with this for site improvement. All you have to do is charge less than eBay. Members on here are always complaining how eBay is always taking too much of their hard earned dough. Just thought I'd drop this idea off, IrishGuy out."

"Wait a minute..... that's perfect!! You could take the Brickfolio to a whole new level with that. The seller could type in what he got it for then however long he keeps it gets put in there, and finally when he decides to auction it off the system could calculate his profits and gains!! You could also have bidders history and all sorts of great stuff!!! Bidders with tons of buys could start getting like VIP points, and stuff. Then before you know it this would become the Lego site Capitol of the world!!! Just think instead of putting prices for what sets are going for on eBay, you could put what's sets ard going for on brickpicker!! I should be getting paid for this!!"

Ed Mack replied with this:

"Nice idea. But we are eBay affiliates and it is not allowed. We cannot run an auction site or sell items on the site. We can direct people to other sites which sell products. Sorry."

Here is the whole thing:  http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/5-site-improvements-and-questions/page-11

I am posting this because I think that it is cool that the idea was proposed in January by a member, and I would like to know why the Mack's changed their minds about starting BP's own auction site.  Please don't kill me for posting this anybody, and I would love to hear the other members responses!   :D

No one is going to kill you for posting this.  The topic was brought up way before this, several times in fact.  We had to curb the discussion a lot until I talked to people and figured out how it can be done without voiding our contract.  It's really no big deal.  The answer Ed gave was the basically the same thing he said to others before IrishGuy.

Don't tell me...Ed is also the only member to be banned without any posts recorded: DarthNader_sux. You would think people who put the word "sux" in their username would think twice... <shrug>

He was Brickpicker_Sux and he did post about 15 times, half of them were removed. I was unaware Ed had banned his own account again in that case.

Guest eightbrick

So you guys are telling me Ed is everyone? Sort of like that creepy guy from the Matrix? Protect your 10179s!  :frantics: