Animated avatars?

I'd venture a guess you're limited to simple image formats like JPG or JPEG. I'm pretty sure a forum software such as this doesn't have that capability.

Worst case, try uploading a GIF into the avatar section of your profile and you'll probably just end up with an X that tells you it's not allowed.

Animated gifs seem to work when you visit the persons profile page but not inside the forums anymore. I don't know why it stopped working but that's just how it is. Anyway, what movie is your avatar from, stackables? It looks so familiar yet I can't recall as to what.

It is from the movie Dead Alive.  The image is of the sumatran rat monkey that caused the outbreak in the movie.  For some reason the scene where the rat punches a monkey has stuck with me. 

It is from the movie Dead Alive.  The image is of the sumatran rat monkey that caused the outbreak in the movie.  For some reason the scene where the rat punches a monkey has stuck with me.

Oh, now I remember! I haven't watched that cheesy horror movie in a dog's age. :lol:

Wierd when you look at who directed it went on to do Lord of the Rings.

Found that scene on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_frVHCLECNQ

Here is one of my favorite scenes. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC6WAAlNHt4

Yes, the animated gifs become static on the forum.  It gets too distracting honestly.  Its fun for a the first few minutes, but if you have a wall of them it becomes too much.

That's true. I would also imagine it could make the page take longer to load all those frames of animation up everytime.