New to the site. Hello

Hello All,

Just wanted to introduce myself.  I am 43 yrs. old and live in Tennessee.  I am a full time firefighter by profession and I am reletively new to Lego.  However I must say that I have achieved quite a level of enthusiasm in a very short amount of time.  Already purchased several sets. 

Great sight here.  Lots of expertise.  It's been a great help in my plite to learn more.  I have collected diecast for nearly twenty years and I'm sure I have never seen anything as specific as this sight for diecast.  Complete grandslam in my opinion. 

Thanks for making it easier on the new guy.  Looking forward to plenty of participation.

mrcambug

Comicblast,

The city stuff is very appropriate for the target audience.  What I mean is that I think it is gernerally aimed at kids, however, being a rescue man myself, I am always drawn to stuff that connects me to my profession. 

I will say that I think the Fire Brigade is a grand slam.  I already have three of them.

Comicblast,

The city stuff is very appropriate for the target audience.  What I mean is that I think it is gernerally aimed at kids, however, being a rescue man myself, I am always drawn to stuff that connects me to my profession. 

I will say that I think the Fire Brigade is a grand slam.  I already have three of them.

A shame you did not arrive here a few months ago! I had a pretty nice idea for this article about CITY Fire vs. Police article: http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/4/entry-175-lego-city-fire-vs-police/

I wanted to get a law enforcement member and a firefighter or similar to comment on the strengths and weaknesses of each of the respective sets of each sub-theme. I was missing the firefighter though!

I 110% agree with that. The Fire Brigade is an outstanding set, even if it has been out for a long time. It looks great, and it is remarkably accurate, I think. Say... are you any good at Ping Pong? ;)

A shame you did not arrive here a few months ago! I had a pretty nice idea for this article about CITY Fire vs. Police article: http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/4/entry-175-lego-city-fire-vs-police/

I wanted to get a law enforcement member and a firefighter or similar to comment on the strengths and weaknesses of each of the respective sets of each sub-theme. I was missing the firefighter though!

Sorry I missed it.  I am like most in an emergency response job.  I have lots of fire related stuff and love to talk about it.  I can see myself owning some of the City fire stuff soon enough.  Right away, I was interested in the fire accessories pack.  Love the fire minifigs.

I 110% agree with that. The Fire Brigade is an outstanding set, even if it has been out for a long time. It looks great, and it is remarkably accurate, I think. Say... are you any good at Ping Pong? ;)

That is so funny that you would ask that.  I am currently the reigning champ at our station at ping pong.  If I'm being hosest though, my lu. is periodically able to take it away from me.  Suffice it to say, at night we play LOTS of ping pong.  24 hrs. can be very long sometimes.  FUNNY

Welcome to the site, sir. Thanks for your community service, public safety workers are always to be commended in my humble opinion. Glad to hear you like the Fire Brigade, I agree that it is a nice representation of the classic "Firehouse" feel.

Thanks for the kind words Josh.  It truly is my pleasure to serve my community.