Walmart Deals ??

retrosycick

Hey Brian thanks so much man I'm still really new to this. Next time I will break down the sets off the receipts my self to make things easier. All of your post gave me a lot to think about and I will definitely be returning some of these sets. Its just tough to pass on a good sale. It almost feel like I'm hunting or something and kinda of gets my adrenaline going lol. Any way still need to store a lot of these and my wife is not very happy with me rite now. This is my living room. :shocked:

Hey - you can just tell her, at least you stacked them well...

• Like 1

Hey Brian thanks so much man I'm still really new to this. Next time I will break down the sets off the receipts my self to make things easier. All of your post gave me a lot to think about and I will definitely be returning some of these sets. Its just tough to pass on a good sale. It almost feel like I'm hunting or something and kinda of gets my adrenaline going lol. Any way still need to store a lot of these and my wife is not very happy with me rite now. This is my living room. :shocked:

I know what you mean about the adrenaline rush. I feel the same way when I walk into a store and approach the lego aisle, with hopes and dreams of what bargains might be had. I had to hold back on a few of the sets as well that you purchased. I reluctantly bought 2 droid escapes, only because I didn't have any. yesterday I gave one to my son since he didn't have it yet and returned the other one. it just didn't scream "investment" to me.

I bought one Droid Escape for my kid but I don't think I would've bought any for investing even at that price of 13.00, it just doesn't seem like a set that will rise as high even though the "sand" stormtroopers could probably be parted out for a decent profit.

I've already seen a number of people list the two Sandtroopers or C-3PO and R2-D2 from that set together selling for almost as much as the set itself! I can't believe it; the set was and still is readily available and people are practically paying $13+ for two minifigures when they could buy the whole thing and get four plus parts. :wacko:

Droid Escape gets so much flak around here but I really like it and the figures make it pop.  It's an iconic scene set and I jumped on a few (clearance of course).  I like the set and think it will do good.  And if worse comes to worse, as Orc King pointed out, the C3PO and sand troopers will sell nicely.