New Segment on The Brick Show for Investing

forthofer

Hey - We are thinking of having a new segment on The Brick Show were we specifically talk about investing. One idea we had was to do a monthly video and doing a countdown of your Top 10 most sold sets using this data: http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/topsellinglegosets.cfm Also, perhaps another using this data. http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/brickindex.cfm What range is the top selling sets based on? If anyone has other ideas, please post them here. We hope to launch this later this month or Oct. Any name ideas for the segment would be helpful too.

Hey - We are thinking of having a new segment on The Brick Show were we specifically talk about investing. One idea we had was to do a monthly video and doing a countdown of your Top 10 most sold sets using this data:

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/topsellinglegosets.cfm

Also, perhaps another using this data.

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/brickindex.cfm

What range is the top selling sets based on?

If anyone has other ideas, please post them here. We hope to launch this later this month or Oct.

Any name ideas for the segment would be helpful too.

Sounds like a great idea. The Top Selling Sets are for the past month, in this case, August 2012. Jeff could probably come up with a Top Selling Sets on EBAY for the last 6 months if you so desired. We aim to please.

Sounds like a great idea. The Top Selling Sets are for the past month, in this case, August 2012. Jeff could probably come up with a Top Selling Sets on EBAY for the last 6 months if you so desired. We aim to please.

I think this would be awesome! As an avid "The Brick Show" viewer and "Brickpicker" reader I'd love to see something like this. You could call it "Best Brick Pick of the Month" or something along those lines. You could target investing in different themes (Star Wars vs. Ninjago), large sets ($100+) vs. small sets ($100 and under), etc. The possiblities are endless! :)

Oh man, I love THE...BRICK....SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

(Sorry, I just had to do that atleast once.)

Between "BrickPicker" & "The Brick Show", I'm finding out so much.

With "BrickPicker", I'm finding out the 'worth' of many sets (even just made a couple of BrickLink purchases based on this)

Then with "The Brick Show", I can see what actually is in a set and what it does. (The boxart only shows so much)

Plus, I really like the news updates (like the many possible sets & confirmed themes coming next year).

I think an investors and/or collectors segment with some tips and opinions would be great.

Hmm... Maybe you could call the segment "The Buyer's Block"?

Fortunately, or unfortunately it would probably drive my spending habits. :-)

I know these two sites already have! Ha ha ha!

I think we need Brick "Babes" though.

I heard that some LEGO representatives met with SPARK (the group behind the FRIENDS petition), sat down and talked it out. The upcoming 2013 FRIENDS sets are the result of this. I also heard LEGO agreed to have a higher percentage of women characters in all their other sets as well from now on.

I already said myself that I would really like to see more lady figs overall.

• 1 year later...

I noticed The Brick Show stopped running episodes for the top selling sets each month.  Do you think they'll start back up for the holidays, or are they now afraid of getting too much attention for supporting resellers and providing reseller data?  Do you think they've been contacted by TLG?

Guest eightbrick

I noticed The Brick Show stopped running episodes for the top selling sets each month.  Do you think they'll start back up for the holidays, or are they now afraid of getting too much attention for supporting resellers and providing reseller data?  Do you think they've been contacted by TLG?

Quite possibly. They've reached out to sites like Brickset and Eurobricks before for touchy subjects like watermarked pics. I might get a lot of trash thrown my way for this, but I just can't bring myself to watch their videos. It's just so overwhelming at nearly 2000 videos with 1 or more a day, I don't know where to start.