I have an idea for the site!!!!

Hello everybody. I was thinking about how great this site is and came up with an idea for the owners of the site. If you guys read this could you possibly find a way to place a RETIRED logo next to the set as they retire. So when we are checking our brickfolio's we see which set just retired. Maybe even have a category within our portfolio that shows a retired section. Just food for thought. This site is fantastic and I use it almost everyday to feed my addiction for collecting legos.

I suggested a similar thing the other day. :)

Whilst the presence or absence of a link to the Lego store works in some ways, it doesn't for people non-US.  The absence of a link to Lego shop might just mean it is not sold in this country.  Having a Retired Product sticker on listings would be really helpful.

No way to really track it without somebody manually scanning the sets daily.  There are hundreds of sets that get retired at all different points through the year.  Some set go out of stock, sold out or whatever, then come back into production or inventory.  LEGO never declares a set "retired."  This is very difficult to track unless you have manpower doing it.  It is quite possible as the site develops, more and more people will be willing to volunteer their time to keep information like this updated.

No way to really track it without somebody manually scanning the sets daily.  There are hundreds of sets that get retired at all different points through the year.  Some set go out of stock, sold out or whatever, then come back into production or inventory.  LEGO never declares a set "retired."  This is very difficult to track unless you have manpower doing it.  It is quite possible as the site develops, more and more people will be willing to volunteer their time to keep information like this updated.

Don't they mark it on lego.com?

e.***. Just search the set number and it will show Retired Product under the ones that are retired.  I did it the other day for Weathertop and then some Disney Cars vehicles.

I'd be happy to set up an auto-scraper for it, if you want, and put the results somewhere for you to easily grab from.

Here's a quick example of what's possible:

for a in `seq 9470 9499`; do echo $a; lynx --dump http://search2.lego.com/?q=${a} | grep "Retired" ; done
     * Retired product
     * Retired product
     * Retired product
     * Retired product
     * Retired product
     * Retired product
     * Retired product
     * Retired product
     * Retired product

I'll leave it running overnight churning through all the 7xxxx and 4xxxx too.