What LEGO themes have you invested in the most?

What Theme Do You Have The Most Sets Of?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What Theme Do You Have The Most Sets Of?

• Star Wars
    • Lord of the Rings
    • The Hobbit
    • Ninjago
    • Chima
    • Bionicle/Hero Factory
    • Technic
    • Collectable Minifigures
    • SpongeBob
    • Galaxy Squad/Space
    • Super Heroes
    • Friends
    • Architecture
    • City
    • Creator
    • Castle
    • CUUSOO
    • Monster Fighters
    • Harry Potter
    • Pirates of the Caribbean

I can't pick just one, but my portfolio is pretty diverse with Star Wars, LOTR, Ninjago, Monster Fighters, Super Heroes, Modulars, Friends, etc.  I have quite a bit dumped in to Monster Fighters as well.  I have a pretty big City collection, but mostly stuff acquired at 50% off and will be thinned out the next couple years.

Pity +1 whether it's true or not...

Haha, yes I forgot to hit the sarcasm button. *S

Before investing, I had mostly classic castle, including all the forest men. For investing purposes, I'm actually pretty evenly distributed between Super Heros, MF, and LoTR as I've only purchased sets on discount or others retiring soon (Orc forge).

I'm primarily Star Wars, but haven't got into many of the expensive sets yet. After that its superheroes, Batman especially, then Lord of the Rings. I'd like to get into some of the expensive buildings and trains but will have more money available for those starting next year.

I am about half Harry Potter (30 sets) and half mixed. I got hooked on that theme with my first investment purchase, 10197 Diagon Alley. I paid close to current ebay prices for most of it so i may never make a profit. Maybe my kid will enjoy them in 10 years.

Guest ph4tb0i

Trains, trains and more trains. I don't think there are many better sets that allow you to part the set out and sell the individuals for a profit as well as trains do. 

The top three in my Brickfolio:

Architecture - 16

Star Wars - 10

Friends - 10

I know WTF right? To be fair - the architecture line is for me, and the Star Wars are more investments, while the Friends set are my daughters but this is a good was to keep track of them.  That and I secretly love Olivia...oh wait...too much??? :shocked:

Guest eightbrick

Set wise, Dino Attack (have seven Street Sprinters from the theme... six now actually because I caved on one :D ). Value wise, Seasonal leads for my two Winter Cottages. LOTR, Star Wars, Ninjago, Friends, Technic and City make up the rest. I'm really small time compared to any (all) of you xD

EDIT: Oops, I didn't realize how many Friends sets I had in my inventory, I have 6 from the Friends series to match Dino Attack in number of sets.

Haha  :rofl:   Pics or it didn't happen Orc!

It was just a joke which thankfully you got. I do have a decent number of Hero Factory sets (of which I do like for real, same as Bionicle, and each for different reasons) but it isn't my top stocked theme. From pure numbers, Collectable Minifigures is my #1 in stock and I'm not even kidding about that. ;)

Hero Factory.

Just to piss off all the non believers. :blum:

hero factory great theme...just need to know what to get...look for Rotor, Fire Lord, Black Phantom...they used to be 10.00 On sale (msrp 19.99-24.99) and now.$$$$$$$..sorry, I forgot about VonNebula...everybody new about ice dragon but all this sets perform same way. i gor phantom myself 6 month ago for 9.99 x30 in walmart..if u got my message you know what to do...get 6230 6231....

Guest eightbrick

You're not listing Technic as a theme?

Turns out its what I got most and I think it's a theme that is often overlooked but yields great returns...

Technic is a great way to diversify, and we don't hear much chatter about it other than the Unimog and Crawler, but the smaller sets do really good if you look at past performances. If anyone still has the chance to pick up some 9390 Mini Tow Trucks for below US retail, or even at it, it looks like it has a good future lined up for itself. I'm also looking at the new bike and hovercraft. Like Creator, usually, the "fresh" sets do the best.