Any investors/collectors in Los angeles

donliu

Hey guys. Just wondering if there is any investors/collectors where i live in Los Angeles 90045 that would like to meet up. I just got into Lego investing/collecting and wouldn't mind meeting some of you guys that have been doing this for a while and wouldnt mind showing a newbie some pointers. Thanks d

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Anyone sell or visit Frank & Son's?

It appears a few vendors now stocking up and selling LEGO's like crazy.

Also, anyone experience terrible dealings with CL people in LA or OC?

It's been years since I dropped into Frank & Sons, will need to find some time to swing by there again.  

Never been to Frank & Sons but it has always looked pretty cool (and by cool I mean nerdy, but someplace that I'd like).  I have basically given up on CL in this area.  If there ARE deals to be had, you really need to pounce in the first hour or so that it was listed and be ready to go.  I am always stuck at work or have the kids, so makes it kind of hard. 

I live in North OC, but work in LA.

• 2 months later...

There's not much LEGO sets at Frank's..minifigs yep and if you're into comic books, hot wheels, collectible cards and action figures then Frank's the place we call heaven :)

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Brickpicker mobile app

There's not much LEGO sets at Frank's..minifigs yep and if you're into comic books, hot wheels, collectible cards and action figures then Frank's the place we call heaven :)

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Brickpicker mobile app

There are more and more vendors now stocking up on sets. You'd be surprised on some of the older sets you can find!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Frank's is a fun little collectible place.  Just know that most of them do this for a living or are quite serious about it like we are, so be prepared to see ebay or higher style prices on older sets if that's what you're looking for. 

You can find sets closer to retail or better than if it's newer stuff. 

They are open to trades, so if you have something that's of interest, bring it and see if they'll trade.  

donliu- yea, there are a handful of us in LA.  You should check out LUGOLA to meet some other Lego folks. ;)

Interesting idea. However, given the secrecy aspect of investing I think most people would not speak out or participate, even if they do have an interest in socializing with other people who are interested in Lego. Maybe one day though we'll have a gathering. 

Interesting idea. However, given the secrecy aspect of investing I think most people would not speak out or participate, even if they do have an interest in socializing with other people who are interested in Lego. Maybe one day though we'll have a gathering. 

I'm pretty sure donliu has already met up with some fellow BPer's in his area...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone going to Bricks LA?

I'm going to, I found out about it at Legoland Star Wars Days earlier this month.  Sounds like fun.

buidee, I didn't know you were there.  We should have met up.  I was there too.

Yes, like buidee, I found out about BricksLA at Star Wars Days.  I'd really like to go.  Looks pretty good.  It should be an easy sell to the wife, especially if there's a play area for our kids.