Will these Lego Sets retire this Year?

I don't think any of these sets will retire, but one of the sets from the Lone Ranger theme may retire? Similar to the Zombies last year.  Just ride into the distance while none of us realize it...

Yes one of the LR sets could retire early just like the Zombies set did last year.  Unfortuantely there isn't a single LR set that will ever touch the level of return that Zombies has.  The train might stand a chance, but in my opinion none of the LR sets have that potential (and I love the LR theme).

Yes one of the LR sets could retire early just like the Zombies set did last year.  Unfortuantely there isn't a single LR set that will ever touch the level of return that Zombies has.  The train might stand a chance, but in my opinion none of the LR sets have that potential (and I love the LR theme).

You don't think the stagecoach will increase in value? I feel that the stagecoach is a badass set and people will like it a lot once it goes EOL. 

You don't think the stagecoach will increase in value? I feel that the stagecoach is a badass set and people will like it a lot once it goes EOL. 

I think all of the the LR sets will probably increase in value at some point, just not to the levels of the Zombies set. 

I think all of the the LR sets will probably increase in value at some point, just not to the levels of the Zombies set. 

I doubt though... especially since Western will also be doen in NEW LEGO movie sets as announced...

so we might get old classic western with no annoying tonto and LR everywhere :P

Yeah I think the train is the only set that has a chance. It is pretty cool with a gatlin gun on it.

Yes it has the best chance. The LR train was priced really badly though. It should have had an MSRP of about $70-$80 with only around 700 pieces. That's one of the many things that it has against it. It also has a bunch of things for it, so it is difficult to see what might happen to the set, investment/value wise.

Yes it has the best chance. The LR train was priced really badly though. It should have had an MSRP of about $70-$80 with only around 700 pieces. That's one of the many things that it has against it. It also has a bunch of things for it, so it is difficult to see what might happen to the set, investment/value wise.

You can't really expect a PPP of $0.10 with it though as the train tracks are expensive. 

I agree with you that the MSRP should be lower but the set has the train tracks, but the trains does not have its own motors that makes it move on its own. I have seen other trains with motors have a PPP ratio higher than ten cents, just because the set has a motor.

I'm with maxgc53 - I love the stagecoach and think it will be a real retirement winner.  I think it will hit at least twice MSRP ($70) when all is said and done.  You can buy it on Amazon for $25 w/ no shipping right now.

If you decide to head over to Amazon, click the link above (to give BP the pass-thru), and then when you're at Amazon, type "Lego Lone Ranger" in the search box, and see how many reviews have been done for the stagecoach in comparison to every other set.  A little bit of empirical evidence of its popularity in comparison to the rest of the line...

• Like 1

IMO...The teepee will be better than the stage coach.  ...Only need one stage coach for really any set up...need a bunch of teepees if you want to make an indian village.

I am totally guessing that these are out until the new western theme comes out and then these will disappear.  (Why have two western themes out at the same time?)

or maybe the best way to gauge future winners will be to see what is released in the new western theme and then see which of these sets fill in the gaps.

PS I can't believe that this thread got so many responses.