I should probably introduce myself

I know I have posted a few times in various topics...just finally decided that I need to introduce myself.

Not much to say really.  I am just an average 20 something American AFOL fresh out of his dark ages.  I like collecting vintage Space sets (M:Tron, Blacktron etc etc).  Found this great site and became more and more intrigued with the investing side of the LEGO addiction.

So far my Brickfolio is very modest, about 10 new sets.  I did manage to pick up a couple vintage lots off craigslist, with a ton of mostly complete sets (including a 6086 Black Knight's Castle :w00t:).  Have been cleaning them up and hopefully will start selling in the next couple months.  Pretty sure I can double, possibly triple, my money off these used sets and provide a nice kickstart to my Brickfolio.

I look forward to being a contributing member to this great community and learning from all you brilliant and experienced users.

- Vince

I know I have posted a few times in various topics...just finally decided that I need to introduce myself.

Not much to say really.  I am just an average 20 something American AFOL fresh out of his dark ages.  I like collecting vintage Space sets (M:Tron, Blacktron etc etc).  Found this great site and became more and more intrigued with the investing side of the LEGO addiction.

So far my Brickfolio is very modest, about 10 new sets.  I did manage to pick up a couple vintage lots off craigslist, with a ton of mostly complete sets (including a 6086 Black Knight's Castle :w00t:).  Have been cleaning them up and hopefully will start selling in the next couple months.  Pretty sure I can double, possibly triple, my money off these used sets and provide a nice kickstart to my Brickfolio.

I look forward to being a contributing member to this great community and learning from all you brilliant and experienced users.

- Vince

Welcome. My bread and butter is "rehabbing" collections like that. It's a little more work but the returns can be great and you get to build all the sets! 

Thank you all for the warm welcome...I am a pretty good guy just don't get me around any weddings ;)

Welcome. Awesome that you were able to get a 6086 out of a bulk lot like that. I've wanted a 6086 for awhile now but just havent been willing to pony up Ebay prices for one.

Yeah I remember many a daydream session as a kid looking at that castle in the LEGO catalogs (along with most every other set).  It was so much fun to finally get my hands on it and build it.

Welcome! Congratulations on your first foray into Lego restoration. If you're anything like me, it'll be hard to part with most of the used sets you buy and build. Especially a set as cool as Black Knight's Castle. Good luck!

It will be a sad day when I part with it.  But considering the alarming rate at which LEGO has taken over the extra bedroom I have...definitely see space as a looming issue lol.

I do really enjoy "rehabbing" old lots as you put it akohns.  Its amazing how something so fun can actually be quite profitable.

CL lots are a great way to make some quick cash if you know what you're looking at and know what you can flip the set for.  I've doubled and tripled my money dozens of times by doing this.  The main drawback is the cleaning, as you never know where the pieces have been, but finding classic sets like Black Knights Castle makes it worth it.

CL lots are a great way to make some quick cash if you know what you're looking at and know what you can flip the set for.  I've doubled and tripled my money dozens of times by doing this.  The main drawback is the cleaning, as you never know where the pieces have been, but finding classic sets like Black Knights Castle makes it worth it.

Yeah the cleaning is a little tedious, thankfully most of my lots have been pretty good so far.  Do you have a preferred technique?  I have a tub that I fill with warm water and light dish soap and then use a toothbrush and start scrubbing.  Pieces then get rinsed and set on a towel with a small fan blowing on them to aid in drying.

- Vince

Is your last name Vince?