Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Guest TabbyBoy
57 minutes ago, Val-E said:

That 41178 will get listed pretty soon. Maybe one for a local pickup (with the lads).

It's tempting as it's only 35 miles away in Southampton and I go there often on business, but it won't come to that. I'll simply SNAD his next valuable item (I have my eye on a new iPhone XS Max) using a very old account. There is, in fact, a minor issue with that phone and I'll use it to my advantage.

Guest TabbyBoy
Just now, Val-E said:

What´s your sale-with-issue to smooth transaction ratio?

Assuming you're talking to me... about 99.9% of transactions on eBay are painless. There's the odd idiot, but it's often easily sorted.  BTW... this is on eBay. When I was on Amazon over 5 years agon, it was a whole lot worse and I'm glad I was banned.

Update... I've been asked to bribe this knob by giving him £100 via PayPal F&F and he'll remove the negative feedback. I've just forwarded the text message (and the screenshot) from him to eBay and I now have a case. Oh.... I've put a bid in for that iPhone too and a will SNAD him now! An iPhone XR max for £0 seems a sweet deal ?

4 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Assuming you're talking to me... about 99.9% of transactions on eBay are painless. There's the odd idiot, but it's often easily sorted.  BTW... this is on eBay. When I was on Amazon over 5 years agon, it was a whole lot worse and I'm glad I was banned.

Update... I've been asked to bribe this knob by giving him £100 via PayPal F&F and he'll remove the negative feedback. I've just forwarded the text message (and the screenshot) from him to eBay and I now have a case. Oh.... I've put a bid in for that iPhone too and a will SNAD him now! An iPhone XR max for £0 seems a sweet deal ?

Wow, he hung himself. Good work.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

If you just would use your time and intelligence for Something useful ?

Guest TabbyBoy
30 minutes ago, Sozial said:

If you just would use your time and intelligence for Something useful ?

Believe me I do. Put yourself in my shoes, how would you feel after being turned over like that and the triple-whammy of lost money, lost set worth £150 and negative feedback?

I'm getting one back over on this guy, end of.

20 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Believe me I do. Put yourself in my shoes, how would you feel after being turned over like that and the triple-whammy of lost money, lost set worth £150 and negative feedback?

I'm getting one back over on this guy, end of.

I fully understand you.

For me its just the cost of doing business. My favorite lego return was a box full of Spagetti.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Sozial said:

I fully understand you.

For me its just the cost of doing business. My favorite lego return was a box full of Spagetti.

LOL... sorry it made me smile. There really are some cheeky buggers out there!

I agree that buyer was lousy in handling things but remember most don't have our same outlook, i.e. Lego = $$. That Dragon Sanctuary could have been worthless in the buyer's eyes. I'd have definitely asked for an official eBay exchange instead of trying to placate them and then going Mr. Hyde when it doesn't work... especially after my most recent debacle:

First, I am 99% sure this buyer is a drop-shipper given their thousands of feedback, going on 800 this year with no negs.

They order a 75043 AT-AP which incorrectly listed as 75083 AT-AP with 75043 pics. The usual "no invoice, blah blah" note that drop-shippers always do was included.

I just look at the number in my title, and since 75083 is AT-DP I don't notice the single letter difference in the name and send the Rebels set instead. (Thanks for that, Lego).

The day after it arrives, I get a rude message stating that the situation is urgent, I sent the wrong set, and demanding the correct one be sent out by the next day and tracking provided.. I figure out what happened, fix my listing, and comply, replying with a polite message apologizing, providing tracking, and noting that I will follow up after the correct set arrives to arrange for a return of the other at my expense.

I never hear from this buyer again. The correct set arrives (according to tracking), and I ask them to reply to confirm the sending address for the return, since where I sent both of these was to "Boyname and Boyname Lastname NO INVOICE", making me think the set is for twins? I try to follow up three times, have eBay contact them on my behalf as well, and this buyer is totally ignoring me after several weeks. Currently has 81 listings active for clothing and stuff with lots of feedback in the last month on their account. My final message told them my next step would be to pursue legal action, since as eBay put it, what they are doing is technically theft. They are the responsible party for my missing property being in possession of someone that it doesn't belong to.

To top it off I'm in the middle of moving and changing jobs so this is real fun. Anyone (US based) run into this and have advice how to proceed? It's only a $60 set but of all people drop-shippers should not be allowed to get away with such crap. I made a mistake but did my part to fix it and it's not my fault the complications of their sketchy business make a return difficult or impossible.

• Sad 1

Please PM buyer's username.

You can go to a 3rd party mediation service like SquareDeal for a $20 fee.

Or ask eBay for the buyer's contact info. Your options from there are small claims court (only viable if you do enough business in the buyer's state to get jurisdiction in your local court, and have means to enforce a judgment). Or filing a police report, which, if you have business insurance, would allow you to make a decision about filing a claim.

tl;dr Send return shipping labels and get merch back before sending replacements and issuing refunds. 

Edited by mizeur

I am involved with a scam at the present time.The seller had 5 Lego James Bond Aston Martin 10262 for sale buy now, make offer for $110.00 5 available.I offered $100.00.He accepted right away.Did not see he had a 54% rating.

I email 4 days later asking when he will ship.That same day I get a tracking number and an email from him.In broken english I cannot warehouse you 3 sets only 1 set.If I agree he will refund me the difference $200.00.I agree to this.

Get another email from him.He needs my PayPal account information to issue refund.I email you have the information through Ebay.

Get another email Ebay will not issue partial refund.Send me back the the 1 Lego set you receive and I can give you full refund.

Two days later a Lego 10262 is delivered drop shipped from Barnes and Noble with packing slip of full retail value with shipping,tax$165.00.

At this point I call Ebay.They will refund me the difference by Feb 13 if the seller does not respond.

Today Saturday.The seller Emails I will refund full amount $310.00 and keep the set that was mailed.In broken english because there is no B&N,I misunderstood,and am suing him which I am not.He just emailed again if I received the refund into my account.

I have not received it yet, not worried as Ebay eventually will refund.

I think he wanted my PayPal information.If that did not work for me to return theB&N Lego and he keep it take the money and run?Who knows?Watch out.

Let you know how this ends.

Hello all!   A little advice needed please. So I sold a $250 set and had it shipped requiring signature through FedEx. This was January 18. I assumed all went well as I never heard anything from the customer. Today I get a message from the customer that they are  sorry they were not home but are ready for the package so please resend. Sure enough I  tracked the package and fedex sent it back to me today. FedEx tried to deliver it three times and then held it for 11 days before sending it back to me and says there’s nothing they can do to stop it from coming back.  plus they were probably going to charge me to ship it back to me. Has anybody else dealt with this issue and how did it go with the customer?. Thank you

Edited by Mgip21

5 hours ago, Mgip21 said:

Hello all!   A little advice needed please. So I sold a $250 set and had it shipped requiring signature through FedEx. This was January 18. I assumed all went well as I never heard anything from the customer. Today I get a message from the customer that they are  sorry they were not home but are ready for the package so please resend. Sure enough I  tracked the package and fedex sent it back to me today. FedEx tried to deliver it three times and then held it for 11 days before sending it back to me and says there’s nothing they can do to stop it from coming back.  plus they were probably going to charge me to ship it back to me. Has anybody else dealt with this issue and how did it go with the customer?. Thank you

I would see if either you or the buyer can adjust the package destination through a fedex.com account. There will probably be a fee involved.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mgip21 said:

i don't kmow about fedex but ups bills you the original cost to hip it back so you end up paying double without the buyer ever receiving the set.

• Like 1

Just had someone with a Spanish postal address win one of my auctions even though the add states "Posts to: United Kingdom".

Anyone had this before? I don't really want to send it overseas, particularly as the postage costs associated with sending the item to Spain are a fair bit bigger than what I've quoted in the add.

8 minutes ago, Tarka said:

Just had someone with a Spanish postal address win one of my auctions even though the add states "Posts to: United Kingdom".

Anyone had this before? I don't really want to send it overseas, particularly as the postage costs associated with sending the item to Spain are a fair bit bigger than what I've quoted in the add.

Did you not restrict where you ship to in the listing or your ebay settings?

I guess you could cancel the sale using the invalid address option based on the item description but be prepared for an incoming neg.

26 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Did you not restrict where you ship to in the listing or your ebay settings?

I guess you could cancel the sale using the invalid address option based on the item description but be prepared for an incoming neg.

I thought I'd restricted it but obviously not so I might have to suck this one up. I've sorted the settings now.

Oh well, live and learn.

7 hours ago, Val-E said:

Did you put a price for international shipping on the ad? If not, you are within your rights to request payment for the exact amount assuming it is more to Spain.

I didn't put an international price in the add. When I go to submit the invoice it asks me to input a delivery cost so it looks like I've got away with it. I'll offer to let him cancel the order if it costs too much.

Thanks for the advice.

35 minutes ago, stackables said:

So I was wondering if this is indeed true. I have received several emails stating "your items are waiting in carts. Lower your price...". Is this actually true? I assume this is just bs. 

I assume it's true, as I've received emails for items that I've been watching when the price drops.  However, these emails have never inspired me to "buy it now" and the couple times that I have dropped prices for those emails, I've never received an immediate sale.  Being the "offseason", I think most eBayers are more savvy and will wait for a promo code or eBay Bucks promo.

definitely true, and have had pretty good success on it.  Especially if you are using the random sale promotions on an ending sale night.   Seems when they send out the email most too.

Other one is if someone emails about an item and someone else wins shortly aterwards. I assume they have a trigger email to tell the other person someone inquired about an item they were watching.

Few good features over the last year or 2 that do help out with sales.  

Only bad thing is when you aren't using the features sales seem to stop compared to the old days.  2 day sales work great as the countdown usually stays up most of it depending time of day you started it at.  If a promo or coupon comes about while on a sale then you can get some really good days as customers are getting a double dip and we all know how we like stacking deals around here.