Database Update Complete for August 2012

Got the data a little earlier this month. The update for August 2012 is now live.

Glad to see the new data for August is already live. However I was curious about a used 10155 that I sold on ebay during the month of August and went to the 10155 page, looked at the latest ebay sales from August and didn't see any used ebay sales for that item. I was just wondering why? Maybe terapeak doesn't always pick up everything though...

Glad to see the new data for August is already live. However I was curious about a used 10155 that I sold on ebay during the month of August and went to the 10155 page, looked at the latest ebay sales from August and didn't see any used ebay sales for that item. I was just wondering why? Maybe terapeak doesn't always pick up everything though...

If you can, tell me what the price was so I can see it was filtered. Sometimes based on prices or item condition, it could have been filtered.

There are various word filters and equations that remove listings and clean up the data. What date was the sale and what was the EBAY ID # and price sold for? We can look at the listings and see if there was an error or omission. Thanks

There are various word filters and equations that remove listings and clean up the data. What date was the sale and what was the EBAY ID # and price sold for? We can look at the listings and see if there was an error or omission. Thanks

EBAY item #110925141443, sold for $172.50 on 8/2/12. Again it's no big deal, I was just curious if I was maybe missing something on my end, but see what you come up with. Thanks Jeff and Ed :)

EBAY item #110925141443, sold for $172.50 on 8/2/12. Again it's no big deal, I was just curious if I was maybe missing something on my end, but see what you come up with. Thanks Jeff and Ed :)

Rich, we have that listing in the database. When we process the data, we also have values set for high/low. If a listing is above or below those values that are omitted. This helps get rid of a lot of "bad" listings. Some, like yours are not bad, but they cross that threshold of what the sets are going for and keeps the monthly numbers in check. You listing missed it by a few bucks. But it is here.

Rich, we have that listing in the database. When we process the data, we also have values set for high/low. If a listing is above or below those values that are omitted. This helps get rid of a lot of "bad" listings. Some, like yours are not bad, but they cross that threshold of what the sets are going for and keeps the monthly numbers in check. You listing missed it by a few bucks. But it is here.Let me further say that if a set is sold for more than 50% of the current new/used price, it is omitted. The main reason is that that this removes listings that are "LOT" listings, or multiple sets. In your case, you paid 50% more than the going rate for a used 10155. This kind of situation happens with sets with few used/new listings. There has been a jump in prices of used 10155 sets, but because of its rarity, the sold data was looked at as inaccurate.

EDIT: The listing has been added. Feedback like yours only helps us improve the accuracy of the numbers. Thanks.

Rich, we have that listing in the database. When we process the data, we also have values set for high/low. If a listing is above or below those values that are omitted. This helps get rid of a lot of "bad" listings. Some, like yours are not bad, but they cross that threshold of what the sets are going for and keeps the monthly numbers in check. You listing missed it by a few bucks. But it is here.Let me further say that if a set is sold for more than 50% of the current new/used price, it is omitted. The main reason is that that this removes listings that are "LOT" listings, or multiple sets. In your case, you paid 50% more than the going rate for a used 10155. This kind of situation happens with sets with few used/new listings. There has been a jump in prices of used 10155 sets, but because of its rarity, the sold data was looked at as inaccurate.

EDIT: The listing has been added. Feedback like yours only helps us improve the accuracy of the numbers. Thanks.

I see, yeah I saw that the averages for used 10155's were around $109.00, so of course I was happy when I got $172 after selling it, and can understand why this dats could be viewed as inaccurate. Thanks for your explanation and help guys! :)